Monteban 70 (Canada)This page contains information on Monteban 70 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Monteban 70 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Monteban 70
- Direction and dosage information for Monteban 70
Monteban 70This treatment applies to the following species:
Narasin With Microtracers®
FOR USE IN BROILER CHICKEN AND GROWING-FINISHING SWINE FEEDS ONLY
1. As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by E. necatrix, E. tenella, E. acervulina, E. brunetti, E. mitis and E. maxima in broiler chickens.
2. For the prevention of necrotic enteritis in broiler chickens.
3. For increased rate of weight gain and improved feed efficiency in growing-finishing swine.
Important: Must be thoroughly mixed in feeds before use.
ACTIVE DRUG INGREDIENT:
70 g per kilogram
Claims 1 and 2: Thoroughly mix 1.0 kg Monteban 70 Premix in one tonne of complete feed to provide 70 grams of narasin per tonne.
Claim 3: Thoroughly mix 0.22 kg Monteban 70 Premix in one tonne of complete feed to provide 15 grams of narasin per tonne.
For better dispersion, it is recommended that Monteban 70 Premix be mixed with a portion of the ingredients prior to the incorporation in the complete feed being prepared.
Feed continuously as the sole ration to broiler chickens, or growing and finishing pigs from 20-25 kg to market weight.
Do not feed to laying chickens.
When mixing and handling Monteban 70 Premix, use protective clothing, impervious gloves, and a dust mask. If accidental eye contact occurs, immediately rinse thoroughly with water. Operators should wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
1. Do not allow canines, horses or other equines access to formulations containing Monteban. Ingestion of Monteban by these species has been fatal.
2. Poultry and swine consuming narasin should not be treated with products containing tiamulin. Severe growth depression may occur.
3. Do not feed to turkeys.
4. In the absence of coccidiosis, feeds containing in excess of 70 ppm narasin may reduce the performance of growing broiler chickens.
5. Do not use this mixture for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
6. Do not use in feeds for swine intended for breeding.
7. Not to be used in feeds containing pellet binding agents with the exception of Basfin (0.03%), Lignosol (4%), and Bentonite (2%).
Store in a Cool Dry Place.
*ELANCO®, Monteban® and the diagonal colour bar are trademarks of Eli Lilly and Company. ELANCO® Division Eli Lilly Canada Inc. is a registered user.
Microtracer® is a registered trademark of Micro Tracers Inc., U.S.A.
ELANCO®, Division Eli Lilly Canada Inc., Guelph, Ontario, N1G 4T2
Division Eli Lilly Canada Inc.
RESEARCH PARK CENTRE, 150 RESEARCH LANE, SUITE 120, GUELPH, ON, N1G 4T2
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Monteban 70 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17