MD-Vac CFLThis page contains information on MD-Vac CFL for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- MD-Vac CFL Indications
- Warnings and cautions for MD-Vac CFL
- Direction and dosage information for MD-Vac CFL
MD-Vac CFLThis treatment applies to the following species:
Marek’s Disease Vaccine
Serotype 3, Live Virus
For veterinary use only.
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
MD-Vac CFL is recommended for the vaccination of healthy one-day-old chicks only, to aid in the prevention of the signs and lesions of Marek’s disease. Use only the Zoetis Inc. sterile diluent.
Warning: Give subcutaneously only.
Store between 2° and 7°C (35° and 45°F).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Dispose of all materials in a proper manner.
Burn vaccine containers and all unused contents.
DIRECTIONS FOR MD-VAC® CFL
1. Vaccinate healthy one-day-old chicks only.
2. Avoid early exposure of chicks to Marek’s virus challenge.
3. Use Zoetis Inc. diluent only. Store diluent at not over 27°C (80°F).
4. 1,000 Doses
Rehydrate only 1 vial (1,000 doses) with 200 mL of Zoetis Inc. diluent.
Rehydrate only 1 vial (2,000 doses) with 400 mL of Zoetis Inc. diluent.
5. Remove the central tab of the aluminum seal of the vaccine vial, leaving the outer ring intact. Sanitize the rubber stopper with alcohol. Also, sanitize with alcohol the rubber stopper of the bottle of diluent.
6. Using a sterile syringe and needle, withdraw 3 mL (3 cc) diluent. Then, insert needle through stopper of vaccine vial and discharge syringe contents.
7. Remove syringe and needle. Mix gently until vaccine is dissolved. Pull back on syringe plunger to admit 2 or 3 mL of air. This is very important.
8. Reinsert needle into vaccine vial. Barely penetrate the stopper. Expel the air into the vial (to break vacuum).
9. With syringe and needle still in place, invert the vial and pull back plunger so that all the contents (the rehydrated vaccine) are drawn from vial into syringe.
10. Now, insert the needle into diluent and expel syringe contents into the diluent. Gently swirl until the mixture is uniform. The vaccine is ready for use.
11. During vaccination, maintain the rehydrated vaccine (in the diluent bottle) at 70° to 80°F (21° to 27°C). If the temperature cannot be held as low as 80°F (27°C), place the diluent bottle containing the rehydrated vaccine in an ice bath.
12. For vaccination, an automatic syringe with 22- to 20-gauge needles, 3/8-inch to 1/2-inch in length, is recommended. Make certain that all equipment is sterilized and change needles frequently.
13. Inject each chick subcutaneously with 0.2 mL (two-tenths of a milliliter) of the vaccine.
14. Use all the vaccine from 1 vial within 1 hour after rehydrating. Do not save any vaccine that has been rehydrated. Burn vaccine containers and all unused contents.
MD-Vac CFL Caution
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the directions.
The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination took place; and any reactions observed.
THIS VACCINE IS NONRETURNABLE.
10 x 1,000 doses
10 x 2,000 doses
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
NAC No.: 36902942
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the MD-Vac CFL information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-04-11