Maxiban (Canada)This page contains information on Maxiban for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Maxiban Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Maxiban
- Direction and dosage information for Maxiban
MaxibanThis treatment applies to the following species:
FOR USE IN BROILER CHICKEN FEEDS ONLY
As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria necatrix, E. tenella, E. acervulina, E. brunetti, E. maxima and E. mitis in broiler chickens.
IMPORTANT: Must be thoroughly mixed in feeds before use.
ACTIVE DRUG INGREDIENTS:
Uniformly mix 0.5 kg of Maxiban premix in 1 tonne (1000 kg) of feed to provide 80 ppm of total narasin/nicarbazin activity (40 ppm of each).
It is recommended that Maxiban be mixed with a small quantity of the finished feed before it is incorporated into the bulk of the feed being prepared.
Feed continuously as the sole ration.
1. Treated chickens must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 4 days after the latest treatment with this drug.
2. Do not feed to laying chickens.
3. When mixing and handling Maxiban, use protective clothing, impervious gloves, and a dust mask. If accidental eye contact occurs, immediately rinse thoroughly with water. Operators should wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
1. Do not allow canines, horses or other equines access to formulations containing narasin. Ingestion of narasin by these species has been fatal.
2. Poultry consuming narasin should not be treated with products containing tiamulin. Severe growth depression may occur.
3. Do not feed to turkeys or breeding hens in production.
4. Do not use this mixture for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
5. Not to be used in feeds containing pellet binding agents with the exception of Lignosol (4%) and Bentonite (2%).
STORE IN A COOL DRY PLACE.
NOT TO BE USED AFTER THE EXPIRATION DATE.
®Maxiban is a registered trademark of Eli Lilly and Company.
ELANCO® Division Eli Lilly Canada Inc. is a registered user.
®Microtracers is a registered trademark of Microtracers Inc., U.S.A.
ELANCO®, Division Eli Lilly Canada Inc., 3650 Danforth Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario, M1N 2E8
NAC No.: 11840071
Division Eli Lilly Canada Inc.
RESEARCH PARK CENTRE, 150 RESEARCH LANE, SUITE 120, GUELPH, ON, N1G 4T2
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Maxiban information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2015 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2015-07-09