Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain)This page contains information on Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain)
- Direction and dosage information for Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain)
Marek's Disease Vaccine (rispens Cvi 988 Strain)This treatment applies to the following species:
Marek's Disease Vaccine, Live Chicken Herpesvirus
U.s. Vet. Lic. No.279
ContentsThis vaccine contains the Rispens CVI 988 strain of chicken herpesvirus, live virus. This product is used as an aid in the prevention of very virulent Marek's disease in chickens.
Penicillin and streptomycin sulfate are added as bacteriostatic agents.
Contains amphotericin B as a fungistatic agent.
Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain) IndicationsThis Marek's disease vaccine is recommended for use in healthy one day-old chickens. It is essential that the chickens be maintained under good environmental conditions and that exposure to disease viruses be reduced as much as possible.
Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain) Dosage And AdministrationPreparation of Vaccine for Use:
Important: Sterilize vaccinating equipment by autoclaving a minimum of 15 minutes at 250°F (121°C) or boiling in water for at least 20 minutes. Never allow chemical disinfectants to come in contact with vaccinating equipment.
1. Use 200 mL of sterile diluent for each 1,000 doses of vaccine indicated on the ampule.
2. Remove only one ampule of vaccine at a time from the liquid nitrogen container. Thaw and use immediately. Caution: Do not hold ampule toward face when removing from a liquid nitrogen container. Never refreeze a vaccine ampule after thawing.
3. The contents of the ampule are thawed rapidly by immersing in water at room temperature (15-25°C). Gently swirl the ampule to disperse contents. Break ampule at its neck and quickly proceed as described below.
4. Remove the cover from the diluent container. Draw contents of the ampule into a sterile 10 mL syringe fitted with an 18 to 20 gauge needle. Slowly add the contents of the vaccine ampule to the appropriate volume of diluent. Withdraw a small amount of the diluent, rinse the ampule once and add this to the vaccine-diluent mixture. Mix the contents of the diluent container thoroughly by swirling and inverting the container. Do not shake vigorously.
5. Use the vaccine-diluent mixture immediately as described below.
Method of Vaccination:
1. Give subcutaneously only.
2. Use a sterile automatic syringe with a 20-22 gauge 3/8"-1/2" needle that is set to accurately deliver 0.2 mL per dose. Check the accuracy of delivery several times during the vaccination procedure.
3. Dilute the vaccine only as directed, observing all precautions and warnings for handling.
4. Keep the bottle of diluted vaccine in an ice bath and agitate continuously.
5. Inject chickens under the loose skin at the back of the neck (subcutaneously), holding the chicken by the back of the neck just below the head. The loose skin in this area is raised by gently pinching with the thumb and forefinger. Insert the needle beneath the skin in a direction away from the head. Inject 0.2 mL per chicken. Avoid hitting the muscles and bones in the neck.
6. Use the entire contents of vaccine container within one hour after mixing the vaccine with the diluent.
Precaution(s)Storage Conditions: Ampules: Store in liquid nitrogen container.
Diluent: Store at room temperature.
Liquid Nitrogen Container: Carefully observe all liquid nitrogen precautions, including wearing eye protection and gloves. Store in a cool, well-ventilated area. Check liquid nitrogen level daily. Keep container away from incubator intakes and chicken boxes.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Burn this container and all unused contents.
Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain) Caution(s)Do not vaccinate diseased birds.
Vaccinate all birds on the premises at one time.
Administer a full dose to each bird.
Avoid stress conditions during and following vaccination.
Do not place chickens in contaminated facilities.
Exposure to disease must be minimized as much as possible.
Give subcutaneously only.
Administer only as recommended.
The capability of this vaccine to produce satisfactory results depends upon many factors, including - but not limited to - conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens and degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions for use should be followed carefully. The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
Warning(s)Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
For veterinary use only.
Liquid Nitrogen Precautions: The liquid nitrogen containers and vaccines should be handled only by properly trained personnel. These persons should be familiar with the Union Carbide publication “Precautions and Safe Practices - Liquid Atmospheric Gases,” form #9888. Liquid nitrogen is extremely cold. Accidental contact with skin or eyes can cause severe frostbite. Protect eyes with goggles or face shield. Wear gloves and long sleeves when removing and handling frozen ampules or when adding liquid nitrogen to the container. Storage and handling of liquid nitrogen containers should be in a well ventilated area. Excessive amounts of nitrogen reduce the concentration of oxygen in the air of an unventilated space and can cause asphyxiation. If drowsiness occurs, get fresh air quickly and ventilate the entire area. If a person becomes groggy or loses consciousness while working with liquid nitrogen, get the person to a well-ventilated area immediately. If breathing has stopped, begin artificial respiration. Call a physician immediately.
Trial DataMerial Select's vaccines have met the requirements of the USDA in regard to safety, purity, potency and the capability to protect susceptible chickens. This vaccine has been tested by the Master Seed immunogenicity test for efficacy.
Presentation5 x 1,000 doses and 5 x 2,000 doses.
P.O. DRAWER 2497, GAINESVILLE, GA, 30503
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Marek's Disease Vaccine (Rispens CVI 988 Strain) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17