Make Your Own Flea & Tick ShampooThis page contains information on Make Your Own Flea & Tick Shampoo for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Make Your Own Flea & Tick Shampoo Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Make Your Own Flea & Tick Shampoo
- Direction and dosage information for Make Your Own Flea & Tick Shampoo
Make Your Own Flea & Tick ShampooThis treatment applies to the following species:
Epa Reg. No.50591-2 (Davis Pyrethrins®)
Active Ingredient(s)In Davis Pyrethrins®:
Piperonyl butoxide, technical*
Davis Pyrethrins® is a concentrate to be added to shampoo for use on cats and dogs to kill fleas and ticks.
To reconstitute MAKE YOUR OWN FLEA & TICK SHAMPOO follow these four steps:
1. Pour 1 gallon Davis Gold Shampoo into 5 gallon bucket.
2. Pour 5 ounces Davis Pyrethrins into 5 gallon bucket and stir.
3. Pour 3 ounces Fresh & Clean Fragrance into bucket and stir.
4. Fill the rest of the bucket with water and stir.
Make Your Own Flea & Tick Shampoo IndicationsFor dogs, cats, puppies and kittens.
Make Your Own Flea & Tick Shampoo Dosage And AdministrationIt is a violation of federal law to use the product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
To shampoo and kill fleas and ticks, follow these steps:
1. Wet the animal thoroughly.
2. Apply a generous amount of the shampoo mixture to the coat, massaging the lather well into the coat and skin.
3. Allow the lather to remain on the animal for five (5) minutes to permit the pyrethrins to take their full effect.
4. Rinse the animal thoroughly.
Precaution(s)Do not re-use the empty container. Wrap it in newspaper and discard it with the trash. Do not use or store near heat or an open flame.
Environmental Hazards: The product is toxic to fish. Do not dispose of in lakes, streams or open ponds.
Make Your Own Flea & Tick Shampoo Caution(s)Keep out of the reach of children. To be applied only by or under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian or pet groomer.
Precautionary Statements: Hazards to Humans: Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in the eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after each use and before eating or smoking.
Hazards to Domestic Animals: Do not apply directly to or on the eyes, mouth or genitals of pets. Do not treat or cause exposure to kittens or puppies of less than four weeks of age.
Warning(s)Statement of Practical Treatment: If swallowed: Contact a physician or poison control center immediately. Do not induce vomiting. The product contains petroleum distillate. Vomiting may cause aspiration pneumonia.
If in eyes or on skin: Flush the affected areas with plenty of water. Contact a physician if irritation persists.
Buyer assumes all risks of use, storage or handling of the material not in strict accordance with directions given on the label.
PresentationReconstitued to 5 gallons.
541 PROCTOR AVENUE, SCOTTDALE (ATLANTA), GA, 30079
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Make Your Own Flea & Tick Shampoo information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-05-28