Land O Lakes Cow's Match Jersey BlendThis page contains information on Land O Lakes Cow's Match Jersey Blend for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Land O Lakes Cow's Match Jersey Blend Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Land O Lakes Cow's Match Jersey Blend
- Direction and dosage information for Land O Lakes Cow's Match Jersey Blend
Land O Lakes Cow's Match Jersey BlendThis treatment applies to the following species:
Dairy Herd & Beef Calf Milk Replacer
Patent No. 5,571,542
Crude Protein, not less than
Crude Fat, not less than
Crude Fiber, not more than
Calcium (Ca), not less than
Calcium (Ca), not more than
Phosphorus (P), not less than
Vitamin A, not less than
Vitamin D3, not less than
Vitamin E, not less than
Dried Whey, Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Dried Whey Product, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried Milk Protein, Animal Fat (preserved with Ethoxyquin), Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, DiCalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Yeast Extract, Methionine Supplement, L-Lysine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Roughage Products, Calcium Silicate, Zinc Methionine Complex, Manganese Methionine Complex, Copper Lysine Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Cobalt Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Selenium Yeast and Natural & Artificial Flavor.
FULL POTENTIAL CALF FEEDING AND MANAGEMENT PROGRAM FOR JERSEYS
cow’s Match Calf Milk Replacer Should Be Fed Along With A Specific Calf Starter Designed For Full Potential Feeding. Calf To Calf Variations Such As Calf Weight And Health Must Be Considered In Implementing This Program. Consult With Your Feed Specialist For Specific Feeding And Management Recommendations To Match With Your Calf Performance Goals And Expectations.
5 Gallon MixWhile stirring, mix 6.25 lbs. of milk replacer powder in 3 to 4 gallons of 110-120°F water and then add 110-120°F water to bring final solution to 5 gallons. Powder should be weighed for precision and best calf performance.
Week 1While stirring, pour 10 oz. of milk replacer powder into 1.8 quarts of 110-120°F water. Mix thoroughly and feed resulting solution (2 quarts) twice daily.
Week 2 Through Week 7While stirring, pour 12 oz. of milk replacer powder into 2.1 quarts of 110-120°F water. Mix thoroughly and feed resulting solution (2.4 quarts) twice daily. When under heat stress, delay this increase until week 3.
Week 8While stirring, pour 12 oz. of milk replacer powder into 2.1 quarts of 110-120°F water. Mix thoroughly and feed resulting solution (2.4 quarts) once daily.
Always Weigh Milk Replacer Powder For Accurate Mixing.
FEEDING DIRECTIONS (2 Days to end of Week 8)
Note: Always Offer Free Choice Water.
week 1Feed 2 quarts of solution twice daily.
Week 2 Through Week 7Feed 2.4 quarts of solution twice daily. When under heat stress, delay this increase until week 3.
Week 8Feed 2.4 quarts of solution once per day. Wean only if calf is eating at least 1.5 lbs. for 3 consecutive days.
A characteristic of this product is a slight layering that occurs after a prolonged period of time. If layering occurs, re-mix before feeding.
1. Feed Newborn Calves 2 Quarts Of High Quality Warm Colostrum Via Nipple Bottle Within 1 hour Of Birth And Repeat 12 Hours Later.
2. Consult With Your Veterinarian On A Dry Cow And Calf Vaccination Program Including But Not Limited To E. Coli, Rota And Corona Virus, Clostridium And Salmonella.
3. Begin Feeding Milk Replacer On Day 2 And Provide Fresh, Clean Water Continuously On A Free-choice Basis.
4. Begin Feeding A Calf Starter Recommended For Full Potential Feeding At Two Days Of Age And Offer Continuously On A Free-choice Basis.
5. At The Start Of Week 8, Transition Calves From Twice Per Day Feeding To Once Per Day Feeding. This Will Encourage The Calf To Eat More Calf Starter And Assures An Effective Weaning.
6. Wean Only If Calf Is Eating At Least 1.5 Lbs Calf Starter For 3 Consecutive Days.
7. Continue To Feed Appropriate Full Potential Calf Starter Up To 12 Weeks Of Age - No Hay Fed Separately.
8. Begin Feeding A Calf Grower Recommended For Full Potential Feeding At 12 Weeks Along With Hay At The Recommended Rate.
“this Product Was Made In A Feed Manufacturing Facility That Does Not Handle Or Store Products Containing Animal Proteins Prohibited In Ruminant Feeds.”
Store in cool, dry location. Do not double stack pallets of milk replacer.
® Registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc.
Manufactured By: Land O’Lakes Animal Milk Products Co., SHOREVIEW, MN 55126-2910
50 LB (22.68 kg)
Animal Milk Products Company
P.O. BOX 64404, MS5170, ST. PAUL, MN, 55164-0404
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Land O Lakes Cow's Match Jersey Blend information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17