Histostat 50 (Canada)This page contains information on Histostat 50 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Histostat 50 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Histostat 50
- Direction and dosage information for Histostat 50
Histostat 50This treatment applies to the following species:
NITARSONE MEDICATED PREMIX 50% W/W
FOR FEED MANUFACTURING USE ONLY
Nitarsone (4-nitrophenylarsonic acid) 500 g per kg (50%).
(1) Treated turkeys must not be slaughtered for food for at least five (5) days after the last use of this drug.
(2) Do not feed to laying hens, replacement and breeding turkeys.
(3) Keep out of reach of children.
(4) In mixing, avoid inhaling dust.
(5) Avoid contact of product with skin, eyes and clothing.
(6) Wash thoroughly after handling.
(7) If swallowed, call a physician, poison control centre, or hospital immediately.
Induce vomiting by giving Ipecac Syrup as directed.
As an aid in the prevention of blackhead (Histomoniasis) in turkeys.
NOTE:This product is not effective in preventing blackhead in birds infected more than 4 or 5 days. Signs of blackhead (Histomoniasis) do not appear until 7 to 12 days after birds become infected.
Directions For Use
How to mix: Mix thoroughly before use. Add 375 grams of HISTOSTAT 50 MEDICATED PREMIX to 10-15 kg of ground corn or other carrier and mix. Add this to other feed ingredients to produce one tonne (1000 kg) of complete feed with a final concentration of 187.5 ppm (0.01875%) of nitarsone in finished feed.
How to feed: Feed continuously as sole ration. Start Histostat® 50 medication depending on such factors as record of blackhead occurrence on the farm or in the area, climate and weather, and soil or litter condition. Continue as long as prevention is desired.
Histostat 50 Caution
1. Overdosage or lack of water may result in leg weakness or paralysis.
2. Use as the sole source of arsenic.
3. Dangerous for ducks, geese and dogs.
4. Adequate drinking water must be provided near feeders at all times.
5. Early medication is essential to prevent spread of disease.
StorageStore in a dry place (maximum 70% R.H.) at 15-25° C.
ALPHARMA CANADA CORPORATION, Animal Health Division, 2000 Argentia Road, Plaza IV, Suite 302, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 1W1
®Reg. Trade Mark of Alpharma Inc. used under License.
NAC No.: 11870180
Distributed by ZOETIS CANADA
17,300 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9J 2M5
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Histostat 50 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-12-23