Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Spray for DogsThis page contains information on Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs
- Direction and dosage information for Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs
Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea & Tick Spray For DogsThis treatment applies to the following species:
for 7 days
Flea Eggs from hatching
for over 1 month
keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Hazards To Humans And Domestic Animals
Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs CautionHarmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact my cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age. Do not spray in eyes. To prevent harm to you or your pet, read entire label before use. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant, nursing, or medicated animals. Sensitivity may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Environmental HazardsThis product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. Using it in a manner other than that described by the label could result in harm to aquatic invertebrates.
First AidContains an organophosphate that inhibits cholinesterase.
If SwallowedCall a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a Poison Control Center or Doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If On Skin Or ClothingTake off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 to 20 minutes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
If In EyesHold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice. Have the product container or label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor or going for treatment.
Note To Physicians And VeterinariansThis product contains an organophosphate and may cause cholinesterase inhibition. Cholinergic symptoms may include salivation, miosis, incoordination, muscle fasciculation and/or weakness, vomiting, and diarrhea. Atropine is antidotal. 2-PAM may be effective as an adjunct to atropine. Call a Poison Control Center for further information.
Directions For UseIt is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Read Entire Label Before Each Use. Use Only On Dogs
Shake Well Before Use
1. To Kill And Repel Fleas, Ticks And Lice For 7 Days And To Kill Flea Eggs And Prevent Their Hatching For Over 1 Month, Hold Container Upright 6 To 10 Inches From The Animal And Spray Lightly Over The Entire Body. Move Spray To Get Even Coverage Of Coat Until Tips Of Hair Are Moist. Do Not Spray In Eyes.
2. Apply Lightly And Rub Into Coat. Ruffle Hair For Spray To Reach Skin. Once Sprayed, Fleas Will Be Killed Within 5 To 10 Minutes.
3. Ticks Are Tough-spray Directly.
4. In Addition To Controlling Fleas And Ticks, This Product Leaves Your Pet’s Coat Soft, Glossy, And Manageable.
5. Under Normal Circumstances, To Kill Adult Fleas And Ticks, Repeat Spray Once Every Few Days Until Infestation Is Brought Under Control.
6. For More Prolonged Flea And Tick Control, The Animal’s Bedding, Quarters And Surrounding Area Should Also Be Sprayed Lightly Until Damp To Help Prevent Reinfestation.
storage And Disposal
StorageStore at room temperature.
DisposalDo not reuse this container.
If EmptyPlace in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If Partly FilledCall your solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
For more information, call our flea and tick experts at 1-800-275-1414
EPA Reg. No. 2596-140
EPA Est. No. 2596-NJ-1
Hartz® and other trademarks are trademarks of The Hartz Mountain Corporation.
Made by ©The Hartz Mountain Corporation, 400 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094
16 fl. oz. (473ml)
400 PLAZA DRIVE, SECAUCUS, NJ, 07094-3688
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17