Gamma-Check-E (Canada)This page contains information on Gamma-Check-E for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Gamma-Check-E Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Gamma-Check-E
- Direction and dosage information for Gamma-Check-E
Gamma-check-eThis treatment applies to the following species:
WHEN TO TEST:
foals Ingesting Good Quality Colostrum Usually Have > 800 Mg Igg/dl By 4-8 hr Old. early Testing Allows Oral Supplementation With Colostrum Or Plasma. After 16-24 Hr Of Age Immunoglobulin Supplementation Must Occur Parenterally.
A. Whole Blood
1. Add 1.5 ml to fill red line on GAMMA-CHECK tube (fresh or EDTA blood).
2. Swirl tube to ensure mixing & note time.
3. Tilt tube at 2 and 5 min - when blood no longer flows invert tube and gently tap - clot should remain firmly in place.
4. END POINT IS FORMATION OF A FIRM CLOT - IF THIS OCCURS IN LESS THAN 5 MIN THE IgG IS ABOVE 800 MG/DL
A jelly like clot that slips down the side is usually positive but should be retested using serum or a different type of test such as the Equine RID.
Sick foals (with elevated fibrinogen), dehydrated foals or hemolyzed samples may give false positive results. In these cases the Gamma-Check test should be run using serum or another test type.
1. Collect blood into a red top tube, allow to clot (30 min), then centrifuge to remove serum.
2. Repeat steps A 1-4 using serum.
On Occasion A False Negative Can Occur - We Recommend Retesting The Foal With An Other Test, Such As The Equine Rid Prior To A Plasma Transfusion.
The glutaraldehyde reagent is caustic, if skin or eye contact occurs wash with copious amount of water & consult physician.
DO NOT LEAVE TUBES LYING IN HOT SUN
Store at 4°C to prolong shelf life
1. Beetson, SA et al. The use of glutaraldehyde coagulation test for the detection of hypogammaglobulinemia in neonatal foals. Aust Vet J 62: 279-281, 1985.
2. Clabough DL et al. Comparison of four screening techniques for the diagnosis of equine neonatal hypogammaglobulinemia. JAVMA 194: 1717-1720, 1989.
3. Massey RE et al. Colostrum feeding of foals and colostrum banking. AAEP Proceedings 37: 1-15, 1991.
PLASSVACC®, 1535 Templeton Road, Templeton, CA 93465
Distributed ByCentaur V.A.
Presentation10 and 25 tests per kit.
1535 TEMPLETON ROAD, TEMPLETON, CA, 93465
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Gamma-Check-E information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17