Galaxy DA2PPvThis page contains information on Galaxy DA2PPv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Galaxy DA2PPv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Galaxy DA2PPv
- Direction and dosage information for Galaxy DA2PPv
Galaxy Da2ppvThis treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Distemper-adenovirus Type 2-parainfluenza-parvovirus Vaccine
Modified Live Virus
For veterinary use in dogs only
In The Absence Of A Veterinarian-client-patient Relationship, U.s. Federal Regulations Prohibit The Relabeling, Repackaging, Resale Or Redistribution Of The Individual Contents Of This Package.
Nobivac®: Canine 1-DAPPv vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine distemper virus, adenovirus type 1 (hepatitis) and adenovirus type 2 (respiratory disease), canine parainfluenza virus, and canine parvovirus. Data indicate the development of corneal opacity is not associated with the use of this product.
Galaxy DA2PPv Dosage And Administration
Transfer contents of the sterile diluent vial to the Nobivac®: Canine 1-DAPPv vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved. Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly. The initial dose may be given at 6 weeks of age or older. Repeat at 2 to 4 week intervals until the dog is 12 weeks of age. A minimum of two doses is required for primary immunization. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
- Store at 2° - 7°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
- Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions.
AntidoteEpinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
- The age at which maternal antibody for canine parvovirus no longer interferes with the development of active immunity varies according to the bitch’s titer and quantity of colostral antibodies absorbed by the puppy.
Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 888 306-0069 (Canada)
© 1999, 2009 Intervet Inc.
All rights reserved.
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Galaxy DA2PPv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2015 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2015-07-09