Galaxy D (Canada)This page contains information on Galaxy D for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Galaxy D Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Galaxy D
- Direction and dosage information for Galaxy D
Galaxy DThis treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Distemper Vaccine
MODIFIED LIVE VIRUS
For veterinary use in dogs only
Galaxy™ D vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine distemper.
Galaxy D Dosage And Administration
Transfer contents of the sterile diluent vial to the Galaxy D vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved. Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly. The initial dose is given at 6 weeks of age or older. Repeat at 2 to 4 week intervals until the dog is 12 weeks of age. A minimum of two doses is required for primary immunization. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
- Store at 2°- 7°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
- Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions.
AntidoteEpinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
Intervet Inc., Millsboro, Delaware 19966 U.S.A.
Intervet Canada Corp., 16750, route Transcanadienne, Kirkland QC, H9H 4M7
For technical enquiries, call toll free 1 888 306-0069.
™ Trademark of Intervet Canada Corp.
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Galaxy D information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-01-26