FP-VacThis page contains information on FP-Vac for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- FP-Vac Indications
- Warnings and cautions for FP-Vac
- Direction and dosage information for FP-Vac
Fp-vacThis treatment applies to the following species:
Fowl Pox Vaccine
READ IN FULL
Wing Web Use
Fp-vac, A Live Virus Vaccine, Is Prepared From A Proven Strain Of Fowl Pox Virus Which Was Back Passaged Through Specific Pathogen Free (spf) Chickens To Assure Its Full Potential. The Virus Has Been Propagated In Spf Substrates. The Immunizing Capability Of This Vaccine Has Also Been Proven By The Master Seed Immunogenicity Test.
indications For Use
Fp-vac Is Indicated For Immunization Of Commercial Layers, Commercial Layer Breeders, Broiler Breeders And Turkey Breeder Replacements Against Fowl Pox Via Wing-web Stick Method. This Vaccine Is Recommended For Use Via Wing-web Stick Method In Chickens Of 8-17 Weeks Of Age And In Turkeys Of 10-22 Weeks Of Age.
preparation Of Vaccine
Product Code P-12-D
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE THE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vial containing vaccine and vial containing diluent.
2. Pour one-half of diluent from diluent vial into vial of vaccine. Insert the rubber stopper and shake until resuspended.
3. Pour resuspended vaccine into diluent vial. Add rubber stopper and shake well. Vaccine is now ready for use.
For Chickens 8-17 Weeks of Age
For Turkeys 10-22 Weeks of Age
1. Vaccine is applied to the web of the wing. Use the enclosed two-pronged applicator.
2. Vaccinate by dipping the applicator into the vaccine mixture and stabbing the webbed portion of the wing from beneath. Avoid feathered areas of the web.
3. At about 7 to 10 days after vaccination, a few birds should be examined for takes. A good take reaction, indicating that a satisfactory vaccination job was done, shows swelling of the skin at the point of vaccination with scab formation. The scabs will fall off in about 2 to 3 weeks following vaccination. Good immunity is established 2 to 3 weeks after vaccination.
1. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter or 28 days prior to the onset and during egg production.
2. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY BIRDS. Although disease may not be evident, concurrent disease conditions may cause complications or reduce immunity.
3. All susceptible birds on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
4. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination.
5. Do not spill or splash the vaccine.
6. Do not use less than 1 dose per bird.
7. Use the entire contents when first opened.
8. Burn the containers and all unused contents.
9. The vaccine contains gentamicin as a preservative.
10. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet America Inc. and USDA requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual birds and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Intervet Customer Service at 1-800-441-8272 or 1-302-934-8051.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed and locations of birds; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 x 1000 Doses
10 x 10 ml
The use of the vaccine is subject to applicable Federal and local laws and regulations.
Use Only As Directed
Store Vaccine Between 2 And 7°c (35 And 45°f)
This Product Is Non-returnable
INTERVET INC., Millsboro, Delaware U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 286
Made in U.S.A.
29160 INTERVET LANE, P.O. BOX 318, MILLSBORO, DE, 19966-0318
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the FP-Vac information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-04-11