First Shield TrioThis page contains information on First Shield Trio for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- First Shield Trio Indications
- Warnings and cautions for First Shield Trio
- Direction and dosage information for First Shield Trio
First Shield TrioThis treatment applies to the following species:
- For dogs and puppies 2.5 to 20 lbs, over 7 weeks of age
- For dogs and puppies 21 to 55 lbs, over 7 weeks of age
- For dogs 56 to 95 lbs
- For dogs over 95 lbs
- Repels and kills fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes for one month
- Kills 4 species of ticks (Rhipicephalus spp, Dermacentor variabilis, Ixodes spp, Amblyomma maculatum), 3 types of mosquitoes (Culex spp, Ochlerotatus spp, Aedes spp), and all stages of fleas
- Kills fleas in 6 hours
- Kills fleas that may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Repels and kills ticks that may cause Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, bartonellosis, hepatozoonosis, and anaplasmosis
- Prevents development of fleas, flea eggs, larvae and pupae for 30 days
- Easy, spot-on topical application
- Convenient topical treatment with patented applicator
- Remains effective after bathing and swimming
- Performance guaranteed or your money back
- Only available from licensed veterinarians
After application, FirstShield Trio spreads naturally over the dog’s body to provide full body protection against fleas, ticks and mosquitoes.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
WarningSee directions for use, precautionary statements, first aid and other information.
Easy, Effective Control Of Fleas, Ticks, And Mosquitoes That Lasts 1 Month
- Kills 4 species of ticks (Rhipicephalus spp, Dermacentor variabilis, Ixodes scapularis spp, Amblyomma maculatum), 3 species of mosquitoes (Culex spp, Ochlerotatus spp, Aedes spp).
- Controls all stages of flea life cycle.
For Additional Information, Please Contact Us At 1-877-872-3744
Read Entire Label Before Each Use
Use Only On Dogs Or Puppies Over 7 Weeks Old
Hazards To Humans And Domestic Animals
For External Use On Dogs Only. Do Not Use This Product On Cats.
Use Only On Dogs And Puppies Over The Age Of 7 Weeks (1.6ml And 3.6ml Sizes)
WarningCauses substantial, but temporary eye injury, harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. DO NOT get in eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco products.
Do not use this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing animals, or animals known to be sensitive to pesticide products without first consulting a veterinarian. Sensitivity, such as slight transitory redness of the skin at the site of application, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap or shampoo and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs of individual animal sensitivity occur and persist, contact your veterinarian. Have the product container or label with you when calling your veterinarian for advice.
Do Not Use On Cats. Due To Their Unique Physiology And Inability To Metabolize Certain Compounds, This Product Must Not Be Used On Cats. If Applied To A Cat, Or Ingested By A Cat That Actively Grooms A Recently Treated Dog, This Product May Have Serious Harmful Effects. If This Occurs, Contact Your Veterinarian Immediately.
If In EyesHold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing. Call a poison control center, doctor for treatment advice.
If SwallowedCall a poison control center, doctor immediately for treatment advice. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If On SkinTake off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 - 20 minutes. Call a poison control center, doctor, or 1-877-872-3744 or after 6 pm EST call 1-888-426-4435 immediately for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor going for treatment. You may contact 1-877-872-3744 or after 6 pm EST call 1-888-426-4435 for emergency medical information.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. [Precaución al consumidor: si usted no lee inglés, no use éste producto hasta que la etiqueta le haya sido explicada ampliamente.] (To the user: If you cannot speak English, do not use this product until the label has been fully explained to you).]
How To Apply
1. USE ONLY ON DOGS. DO NOT USE ON CATS OR OTHER ANIMALS.
2. Remove applicator from package.
3. The dog should be standing or in a comfortable position for easy application.
4. Holding the applicator tube upright, place thumb and index finger around the applicator tip under the large disk. With other hand, grasp the stem of applicator tip above smaller disk. Press down firmly on small disk until both disks meet, piercing the seal. See illustration.
5. Using the tip of the applicator, part the hair down to the level of the skin and slowly apply the product. Avoid superficial application to the animal’s hair.
For Dogs Weighing 2.5 To 20 Lbs, Apply The Product To One Spot, As Shown In The Diagram, Onto The Skin, Squeezing The Applicator Tube Until Empty.
for Dogs Weighing 21 To 55 Lbs Or For Dogs Weighing 56 To 95 Lbs, Apply The Product Evenly To Three Spots Along The Dog’s Back, Beginning Between The Shoulder Blades And Continuing In The Order Shown In The Diagram, Squeezing The Applicator Tube Until Empty.
for Dogs Weighing Over 95 Lbs, Apply The Product Evenly To Four Spots On The Dog’s Back, Beginning Between The Shoulder Blades And Continuing In The Order Shown In The Diagram, Squeezing The Applicator Tube Until Empty.
6. Discard Empty Applicator Tube As Outlined In Storage And Disposal.
7. Repeat Every Month Or As Recommended By Your Veterinarian. Do Not Apply In Less Than 30 Days.
8. For Optimum Treatment, Control And Prevention Of Fleas, Flea Eggs, Flea Pupae, Flea Larvae, Ticks, And Mosquitoes, Year-round Treatment Is Recommended.
storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
StorageStore in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing.
DisposalIf empty, do not reuse the container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partially filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused products down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
Seller warrants that the material conforms to the chemical parameters of the US EPA registration and the label. To the extent consistent with applicable law seller makes no warranty, express or implied, other than indicated on the label. Buyer and user assume all risk of use and handling of this material when such use and handling are contrary to the label instructions. To the extent consistent with applicable law any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profit or values.
Volume varies with size of animal for which package is intended and number of applicators per package. Product may be packaged in 1, 4 or 36 applicators per package. Total volume will correspond to number of applicators.
FOR DOGS AND PUPPIES OVER 7 WEEKS OF AGE
1 dose each 0.06 fl. oz. (1.6 mL)
4 doses each 0.06 fl. oz. (1.6 mL)
36 doses each 0.06 fl. oz. (1.6 mL)
FOR DOGS AND PUPPIES OVER 7 WEEKS OF AGE
1 dose each 0.12 fl. oz. (3.6 mL)
4 doses each 0.12 fl. oz. (3.6 mL)
36 doses each 0.12 fl. oz. (3.6 mL)
FOR DOGS WEIGHING 56 TO 95 LBS
1 dose each 0.16 fl. oz. (4.7 mL)
4 doses each 0.16 fl. oz. (4.7 mL)
36 doses each 0.16 fl. oz. (4.7 mL)
FOR DOGS WEIGHING OVER 95 LBS
1 dose each 0.27 fl. oz. (8.0 mL)
4 doses each 0.27 fl. oz. (8.0 mL)
36 doses each 0.27 fl. oz. (8.0 mL)
EPA Reg. No. 83399-6-85581
EPA Est. No. 68669-NC-1
Manufactured in the USA for Distribution By: Schuyler, LLC, 8000 NE Tillamook Street, Portland, Oregon 97213-0998
Schuyler LLC will provide new product or your money back.
P.O. BOX 13998, 8000 NE TILLAMOOK STREET, PORTLAND, OR, 97213
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the First Shield Trio information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17