Entero Vac 100This page contains information on Entero Vac 100 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Entero Vac 100 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Entero Vac 100
- Direction and dosage information for Entero Vac 100
Entero Vac 100This treatment applies to the following species:
Escherichia Coli Vaccine
Avirulent Live Culture
Read Full Directions Carefully
Entero Vac 100 IndicationsARKO ENTERO VAC is an avirulent live Escherichia coli Vaccine recommended as an aid in the prevention of enteritis caused by K88+ E. coli in swine. The product is for oral administration in the drinking water that would be consumed in about 6-8 hours. Pigs should be vaccinated at weaning assuming a 17 day or older weaning age.
Drinking Water Administration
1. Medications and disinfecting products in the drinking water are not compatible with Entero Vac. Discontinue their use for at least 3 days before vaccinating and do not resume their use for 3 days following vaccination.
2. Use clean, cool, nonchlorinated water in accordance with the mixing information. Skim milk or an oral vaccine stabilizer should be used in the water line to remove traces of antibacterial agents. Skim milk can be used at 2 cups per gallon of stock solution. Commercial stabilizers should be used according to the directions.
3. Rehydrate the vaccine just prior to administration. Remove the aluminum seal and the stopper. Rehydrate the vaccine with water to a level of 20 mLs. After reconstitution reseat the stopper and shake to thoroughly dissolve the vaccine.
4. Dosage is based on the number of pigs. Use at least one dose of vaccine per pig being vaccinated. Add the vaccine to the calculated amount of drinking water and administer immediately. Generally water may be withheld a short time prior to vaccinating to encourage the pigs to drink. Emptying the water lines prior to vaccination also assures of providing a full dose of vaccine to the waterers on the end of the water line. The vaccine should be administered orally in an amount of drinking water that would be consumed by thirsty pigs in approximately 6-8 hours. Make sure all the vaccine is consumed by the pigs. Provide ample water space so that all the pigs can drink easily.
5. Daily water consumption for each vaccination needs to be determined just prior to use. Water consumption is affected by weather, management conditions and the age of the pigs. When specific water consumption information is not available, please refer to a reference table. The following table will serve as a guideline to determine the amount of water to be used with the vaccine if more specific information is not available.
Average Daily Water Consumption - Swine
Weight Of Animal
Entero Vac 100
10 lb. Pigs
Vials of Vaccine
6 - 8 Hour Water Consumption
PrecautionsStore this vaccine at not over 45°F (7°C). Use the entire contents when first opened. Burn this container and all unused contents. Chlorine or other antimicrobial agents, if present in the vaccine water, may inactivate the vaccine. Use only proper hygiene when handling the vaccine. Clean any spills with disinfectants. Keep the vaccine away from open wounds. Wear gloves if necessary. Consult a physician if contamination occurs. Wash the hands thoroughly after using the vaccine. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter. Anaphylactic reactions occur. Antidote: administer epinephrine.
Arko Laboratories, Ltd.
Jewell, Iowa 50130
US Veterinary License No. 337
P.O. BOX 400, 1336 MAIN STREET, JEWELL, IA, 50130
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Entero Vac 100 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17