Elector BaitThis page contains information on Elector Bait for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Elector Bait Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Elector Bait
- Direction and dosage information for Elector Bait
Elector BaitThis treatment applies to the following species:
Granular Fly Control
For Control Of The Adult Common Fly Outdoors Around Commercial Animal Housing, Including Poultry Houses, Broiler Houses, Caged Poultry, Turkeys Or Rabbits On Wire, Dairies, Dairy Barns, Milking Parlors, Milk Sheds, Loafing Sheds, Hog Farms, Pig Pens, Pig Parlors, Livestock Barns, Stock Barns, Livestock Pens, Feed Lots, Fur Bearing Animal Units, Horse Barns, Stables, Silos, Or Other Animal Handling Or Feeding Facilities.
For Control Of The Adult Common Fly Outdoors Around Dog Kennels, Garbage Cans And Dumpsters, Outdoor Latrines, Dumps, Incinerators, Compost Areas, Parks, Picnic Areas, Fairs And Camps, Zoos, Markets, Cafes, Restaurants, Fast Food Establishments, Bakeries, Commissaries, Supermarkets, Warehouses, Industrial Plants, Meat And Poultry Processing Plants, Beverage Processing Plants, Canneries And Food Processing Plants, Non Commercial Animal Housing (e.g., On Hobby Farms).
- Bait station or tray application
- Hang-board or card application
- Contains the fly attracting pheromone Z-9 tricosene
- Attracts and kills resistant flies
- Flies feed on the bait and die
- For use in and around food processing plants
- For use in and around food establishments
Spinosad (a mixture of spinosyn A and spinosyn D)
u.s. Patent No. 5,362,634 And 5,496,931
keep Out Of Reach Of Children
NoticeRead the entire label. Use only according to label directions. Before using this product, read Warranty Disclaimer, Inherent Risks of Use, and Limitation of Remedies at end of label. If terms are unacceptable, return at once unopened.
In case of emergency endangering health or the environment involving this product, call 1-800-992-5994.
Agricultural Chemical: Do not ship or store with food, feeds, drugs or clothing.
EPA Reg. No. 62719-508-72642
EPA Est. No. 66196-CA-1
User Safety Recommendations
- Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- Use of waterproof gloves is recommended when handling this product to avoid staining of skin or clothing.
This product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when cleaning equipment or when disposing of equipment washwaters.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Read entire label before using.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.
Pesticide StorageStore in original container, tightly closed, in a secure place. Keep out of the reach of children and domestic animals. In case of leak or spill, contain material and dispose as waste.
Pesticide DisposalWastes resulting from the use of this product must be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Container ReuseNonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling if available. Triple rinse or pressure rinse container (or equivalent) promptly after emptying. Triple rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Fill the container 1/4 full with water and recap. Shake for 10 seconds. Pour rinsate into application equipment or a mix tank or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Repeat this procedure two more times. Pressure rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and continue to drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Hold container upside down over application equipment or mix tank or collect rinsate for later use or disposal. Insert pressure rinsing nozzle in the side of the container, and rinse at about 40 psi for at least 30 seconds. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip.
Elector® Bait granular fly control is intended for control of the adult common fly outdoors around the following: dog kennels, garbage cans and dumpsters, outdoor latrines, dumps, incinerators, compost areas, parks, picnic areas, fairs and camps, zoos, markets, cafes, restaurants, fast food establishments, bakeries, commissaries, supermarkets, warehouses, industrial plants, meat and poultry processing plants, beverage processing plants, canneries and food processing plants, non-commercial animal housing (e.g., on hobby farms) and commercial animal housing, including poultry houses, broiler houses, caged poultry, turkeys or rabbits on wire, dairies, dairy barns, milking parlors, milk sheds, loafing sheds, hog farms, pig pens, pig parlors, livestock barns, stock barns, livestock pens, feed lots, fur bearing animal units, horse barns, stables, silos, or other animal handling or feeding facilities. Elector Bait can also be used indoors, but only in areas where animals cannot come into contact with or ingest the granules. See specific use instructions and practices below. This product’s active ingredient, spinosad, is biologically derived from the fermentation of Saccharopolyspora spinosa, a naturally occurring soil organism.
General Use Precautions
- Elector Bait contains Bitrex™. Elector Bait also contains a fluorescent yellow pigment that makes the bait more attractive to flies. Use of waterproof gloves is recommended when handling Elector Bait to avoid staining of skin or clothing.
- Keep in original container and store out of direct sunlight in a cool and dry location. To preserve effectiveness, reseal container immediately after measuring and using the product.
- Do not allow Elector Bait to contact food, feedstuffs, water, milk and milking utensils. Protect exposed food, feedstuffs, water, milk and milking utensils where necessary to avoid contamination. Do not use where milk is processed or stored.
- Apply Elector Bait only in locations inaccessible to children, livestock animals and pets where bait granules cannot be picked up or where animals and pets cannot lick surfaces on which the bait has been placed.
- Elector Bait bait stations or trays and hang-boards/cards must be located at least 4 feet above the ground.
- Do not feed garbage treated with Elector Bait to animals.
- Except for station or hang-board/card placement, do not use in food/feed areas of food handling establishments, restaurants, or other areas where food/feed is commercially prepared or processed. Do not use in serving areas while food is exposed or facility is in operation. Serving areas are areas where prepared foods are served such as dining rooms, but
excluding areas where foods may be prepared or held.
- Can be used in non-food/non-feed areas of food handling establishments such as garbage rooms, lavatories, floor drains (to sewers), entries, vestibules and hallways, offices, locker rooms, machine rooms, basements, boiler rooms, garages, utility rooms, mop closets and storage rooms (after canning or bottling).
Insecticide Resistance Management
Spinosad, the active ingredient in Elector Bait, has a novel mode of action and has shown no cross resistance with existing chemistries. However, experience has shown that the overuse of effective insecticides can lead to a build up of resistance to virtually any insecticide.
To preserve the effectiveness of Elector Bait as a fly pest control product, the following actions are recommended:
- Whenever possible, use an Integrated Pest Management Program including use of screens, sanitation and manure management, and preservation of predators.
- If chemical control is warranted, monitor the fly population carefully and target early infestations.
- Do not use less than the recommended labeled dose rate.
- If sequential treatments are required, rotate Elector Bait with at least 1 or 2 other products that have a different active ingredient (Elector Bait, then product A, then product B, then back to Elector Bait, etc.) and, if necessary, with a product that has a different method of control such as space sprays.
- Elector Bait should not be applied more than 7 times in any 12-month period.
Application Timing, Rate And Placement
Apply Elector Bait at the rate of 12 to 16 oz of bait per 2000 sq ft (6 to 8 oz per 1000 sq ft) of the total floor area of the infested building or use site. Start baiting early before the population of adult flies has reached an unacceptable level. A knockdown space or surface spray product may be used to rapidly control an initially high adult fly population. Remove manure where possible or consider the use of a larvicide treatment. Regardless of application method used, it is important to place the required amount of Elector Bait only in infested areas where flies are observed to be resting or feeding. Place Elector Bait on clean paper if floor is limed.
Bait Application Methods
One or a combination of the following bait presentation methods may be used:
Scatter BaitScatter Elector Bait evenly outdoors on surfaces where flies are observed to be resting or feeding such as, but not limited to, windowsills, tops of walls, edges or walkways, floor, ground, etc. Do not put into piles.
Station/tray BaitSpread Elector Bait evenly onto the station or tray in a thin uniform layer, avoiding heaps. To optimize bait distribution, it is recommended to hang or place 8 to 10 stations or trays per 2000 sq ft of floor space or other use site in areas where flies are observed to be resting or feeding. Do not put into piles. Stations or trays must be located at least 4 feet above the ground.
Hang-board/card BaitFor hang-board/card application, lightly moisten one side of the board/card with beaten eggs, beer, cola, or starch-based wallpaper glue. While still wet, sprinkle Elector Bait onto the card to ensure adherence of the granules using 3.5 oz of bait per 10 sq ft of hang-board/card. Allow the surface to dry and then shake off any non-adhered granules. An alternative application method for applying Elector Bait to hang-boards/cards is to use the paint or spray on methods described below. Use a total of 50 sq ft of hang-boards/cards per 2000 sq ft of area. To optimize bait distribution, it is recommended to hang or place 8 to 10 individual boards/cards per 2000 sq ft of floor space or use site where flies are observed to be resting or feeding (up to 25 may be used depending upon the size of the board/card). Hang-boards/cards must be located at least 4 feet above the ground.
Paint On BaitIn a bucket mix 12 to 16 oz of Elector Bait into 1/2 to 1 qt of warm water and stir vigorously until granules are completely dissolved. Use a paintbrush or roller to apply the dilution to surfaces where flies are observed to be resting or feeding. Treated areas may be continuous or made up of separate spot treatments. The finished dilution is sufficient for an area of 2000 sq ft of floor space or use site. Elector Bait contains a fluorescent pigment. Do not apply to surfaces where discoloration cannot be tolerated.
Spray On BaitIn a bucket mix 12 to 16 oz of Elector Bait into 1 qt of warm water and stir vigorously until granules are completely dissolved. Do not attempt to mix the granules and water in the spray equipment. Pour the mixture into a sprayer (such as, but not limited to, pump up compression, etc.) only after all the granules have completely dissolved. Apply the dilution to surfaces where flies are observed to be resting or feeding. Treated areas may be continuous or made up of separate spot treatments. The finished dilution is sufficient for an area of 2000 sq ft of floor space or use site.
Prepare only enough for use and apply immediately. Shake the mixture prior to and during application. Thoroughly rinse spray equipment, including hose and nozzle, immediately after application to avoid clogging of spray equipment from build-up of dry residues. Elector Bait contains a fluorescent pigment. Do not apply to surfaces where discoloration cannot be tolerated.
Terms And Conditions Of Use
If terms of the following Warranty Disclaimer, Inherent Risks of Use, and Limitation of Remedies are not acceptable, return unopened package at once to the seller for a full refund of purchase price paid. Otherwise, use by the buyer or any other user constitutes acceptance of the terms under Warranty Disclaimer, Inherent Risks of Use and Limitation of Remedies.
Seller warrants that this product conforms to the chemical description on the label and is reasonably fit for the purposes stated on the label when used in strict accordance with the directions, subject to the inherent risks set forth below. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SELLER MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY.
Inherent Risks Of Use
It is impossible to eliminate all risks associated with use of this product. Lack of performance or other unintended consequences may result because of such factors as use of the product contrary to label instructions (including conditions noted on the label, such as unfavorable temperature, soil conditions, etc.), abnormal conditions (such as extreme weather conditions), presence of other materials, the manner of application, or other factors, all of which are beyond the control of Seller. All such risks shall be assumed by Buyer.
Limitation Of Remedies
To the extent permitted by law, the exclusive remedy for losses or damages resulting from this product (including claims based on contract, negligence, strict liability, or other legal theories), shall be limited to, at Seller’s election, one of the following:
1. Refund of purchase price paid by buyer or user for product bought, or
2. Replacement of amount of product used.
To the extent permitted by law, Seller shall not be liable for losses or damages resulting from handling or use of this product unless Seller is promptly notified of such loss or damage in writing. To the extent permitted by law, in no case shall Seller be liable for consequential or incidental damages or losses.
The terms of the Warranty Disclaimer, Inherent Risks of Use, and Limitation of Remedies cannot be varied by any written or verbal statements or agreements. No employee or sales agent of the Seller is authorized to vary or exceed the terms of the Warranty Disclaimer or this Limitation of Remedies in any manner.
Bitrex™ is a trademark of Macfarlin Smith Ltd.
®Trademark of Elanco Animal Health
Distributed By Elanco Animal Health, A Division Of Eli Lilly And Company, Indianapolis, In 46285
EPA accepted 02/06/07
40 lbs (18.144kg)
900-016193 / 00271818
900-016173 / 00271819
A Division of Eli Lilly & Co.
2500 INNOVATION WAY, GREENFIELD, IN, 46140
|Small Animal Product Customer Service:||888-545-5973|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Elector Bait information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17