Cevac IBD LThis page contains information on Cevac IBD L for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Cevac IBD L Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Cevac IBD L
- Direction and dosage information for Cevac IBD L
Cevac Ibd LThis treatment applies to the following species:
BURSAL DISEASE VACCINE
For Drinking Water Or Coarse Spray Use
Note: Read circular before rehydrating the vaccine.
Directions For Use
This vaccine contains a live strain of bursal disease virus. The application of this vaccine to one-week-old susceptible chickens will aid in the prevention of infectious bursal disease. The vials contain 10 x 1,000 doses.
This vaccine is recommended for vaccination of healthy chickens at one week of age or older using drinking water or coarse spray routes of administration. Careful consideration and determination of the immune status of the flock to be vaccinated is recommended. Vaccinate when passive resistance (maternal antibodies) to infectious bursal disease subsides. Chickens should be maintained under good environmental conditions and exposure to infectious bursal disease virus should be reduced as much as possible.
Directions For Drinking Water Application
1. Discontinue water medication 48 hours before vaccination. Do not resume any medication in the water for 24 hours after all vaccine water has been consumed. The waterers should be thoroughly cleaned before use. Do not use disinfecting solutions during cleaning as the disinfectant residue may destroy the virus. Drinking containers must be free of all disinfecting solutions and medicants for 48 hours prior to vaccination and for 24 hours after vaccination.
2. Deprive the birds of water two hours prior to vaccination.
3. Tear off the aluminum seal from the vial containing the dried vaccine and remove the stopper.
4. Use clean, cold, nonchlorinated water for rehydration of the dried vaccine. Mix a 1,000 dose vial with 2 gallons (7.6 L) of water.
5. A dried milk powder may be beneficial as a stabilizer. It is used in the water at the rate of 7.5 grams per gallon (3.8 L) as follows: 15 grams per 2 gallons (7.6 L). Add the milk powder before the vaccine is added.
6. Provide enough waterers so that all birds may have an opportunity to drink the vaccine-treated water.
7. Avoid exposure of the waterers to direct sunlight.
8. Do not resume watering until water containing vaccine has been consumed. Then continue watering with untreated water for 24 hours before resuming the normal watering practice.
9. Vaccinating with less than one dose per bird may fail to protect satisfactorily.
Directions For Coarse Spray Application
1. Remove the seal and stopper from the vial containing the freeze-dried vaccine.
2. Carefully pour clean, non-chlorinated water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
3. Insert the stopper and shake vigorously until all material is rehydrated.
4. Pour the rehydrated vaccine into the clean reservoir of the sprayer and dilute further by using 350 ml (or the volume necessary to spray vaccinate 1,000 birds with the sprayer being used) of clean, cool non-chlorinated water for each 1,000 doses of vaccine. For coarse spray administration the droplet size should be greater than or equal to 80 microns.
5. Prior to spraying, reduce air movement in the house by shutting off all fans. Fans should remain on the lowest setting for approximately 10-15 minutes after spraying. Care should be taken so that the chickens are not heat stressed.
6. Spray chickens at the rate of 1,000 per minute while walking slowly through the house. Aim the spray just above the heads of the chickens.
7. Use the sprayer for vaccination purposes only. Clean thoroughly after each use.
Cevac IBD L Cautions And Warnings
1. Store the vaccine at 35-45°F (2-7°C).
2. Do not open and mix the vaccine until ready to begin vaccination.
3. Use entire contents of vial immediately after mixing.
4. Do not dilute or otherwise extend the dosage.
5. Do not spill or splatter the vaccine.
6. Burn empty bottles and unused vaccine.
7. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
8. Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
9. Vaccinate all chickens on the premises at the same time.
10. This vaccine is not returnable to the manufacturer.
11. Distribution in each state shall be limited to authorized recipients designated by proper state officials under such conditions as these authorities may require.
12. Recommended use shall be restricted to premises having a history of the disease.
This vaccine was thoroughly tested before sale and meets the requirements of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Biomune Co., Lenexa, KS 66215, U.S.A.
Phone: (913) 894-0230
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 368
8906 ROSEHILL ROAD, LENEXA, KS, 66215
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Cevac IBD L information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17