Celox Gauze (Canada)This page contains information on Celox Gauze for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Celox Gauze Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Celox Gauze
- Direction and dosage information for Celox Gauze
Celox GauzeThis treatment applies to the following species:
Quick and easy to use
FAST, EFFECTIVE FIRST AID FOR ANIMALS
Roll gauze dressing coated with CELOX™ Granules
Gauze pad coated with CELOX™ Granules
STOPS BLEEDING FAST
CELOX™ effectively clots blood that contains Heparin.
CELOX™ also effectively clots hypothermic blood (cold conditions)
STERILE - R - STERILE UNLESS POUCH IS DAMAGED OR OPEN
FOR TEMPORARY EXTERNAL USE
Instructions for use
1. ROLL - Tear open CELOX™ gauze pack. Take out roll and grasp end of roll.
PAD - Tear open CELOX™ gauze pack and take out the CELOX™ coated pad.
2. ROLL - Tightly pack the unraveled CELOX™ gauze directly to the point of bleeding. Cover the entire bleeding area with CELOX™ gauze. More than one pack may be required.
PAD - Unfold CELOX™ coated pad as required and apply to completely cover the entire bleeding area, more than one pack may be required.
3. Apply firm pressure directly to the wound for 3 minutes. If bleeding persists continue to apply firm pressure until bleeding stops.
4. Wrap and tie with bandage so as to maintain pressure on the wound. Excess CELOX™ gauze can be torn or cut if necessary.
5. Prior to further dressing/suturing, gently remove any excess Celox. Use saline if required.
6. Seek veterinary attention if necessary.
7. Discard any unused CELOX™ gauze.
Indicated for the control of moderate to severe bleeding.*
Celox Gauze Caution
For external use only. Do not resterilize. Do not eat. Contains chitosan from shellfish.
Allergy studies show no adverse reactions.**
Single use only
STERILE - R
* CELOX has been proven in controlled trials to stop major arterial bleeding within 3 mins. Laboratory testing has shown Celox to clot blood with 90 USP units heparin sodium / 1ml blood.
**Data on file.
Manufactured by: MedTrade Products Ltd, Electra House, Crewe Business Park, Crewe, CW1 6GL UK
ONE GAUZE ROLL: 3in x 5ft (7.6cm x 1.5M)
ONE GAUZE PAD: 8in x 8in (20.32cm x 20.32cm) pre folded
NAC No.: 12150790
Distributed by VÉTOQUINOL N.-A. INC.
2000, CHEMIN GEORGES, LAVALTRIE, QC, J5T 3S5
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Celox Gauze information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-09-05