Bursamate-PlusThis page contains information on Bursamate-Plus for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bursamate-Plus Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bursamate-Plus
- Direction and dosage information for Bursamate-Plus
Bursamate-plusThis treatment applies to the following species:
Read In Full
Bursal Disease-reovirus Vaccine
Standard & Variant, Killed Virus
This vaccine is prepared using specific pathogen free (SPF) or approved substrates and contains Standard, GLS, and Delaware E and AL2 strains of infectious bursal disease virus, and two strains of avian reovirus (1733 and 2408), inactivated and suspended in the aqueous phase of an oil adjuvant emulsion (Endure®).
Bursamate-Plus Indications For Use
This vaccine is indicated for the vaccination of healthy chickens at least 18 weeks of age by the intramuscular route (0.5 ml) as an aid in the prevention of Infectious Bursal Disease virus (Standard, Delaware E, GLS and AL2 variants) and diseases caused by avian reoviruses.
The vaccine aids in the prevention of tenosynovitis in breeder hens. The vaccine also provides high levels of parental immunity for IBD and reovirus in the progeny of injected breeder hens. IBD parental immunity provides protection against IBDV infection and reovirus parental immunity provides protection against malabsorption syndrome. Safety has been shown in chickens 12 weeks of age.
This vaccine is used for revaccination of birds previously immunized (primed) with the same type of live virus vaccines.
Bursamate-Plus Dosage And Administration
Allow the vaccine to reach ambient temperature, 16-27°C (60-80°F), shake well before and during use. Inject 0.5 ml intramuscularly in chickens at least 18 weeks old, using an 18 gauge x 1/2” or 1/4” needle.
The best protection is obtained when this vaccine is used for revaccination of chickens previously immunized (primed) with the same type of live virus vaccines. A minimum of four weeks should elapse between the last live virus priming and injection with BURSAMATE-PLUS. Local conditions must be taken into consideration and, where necessary, veterinary advice should be sought.
It is evident that for optimal protection, preceding vaccination with live vaccines (priming) should have taken place. Generally, in flocks vaccinated with BURSAMATE-PLUS, a protective level of immunity will be achieved with only small variations between individual chickens.
Store in the dark in a refrigerator between 2-7°C (35-45°F). DO NOT FREEZE OR EXPOSE TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
1. TO AVOID HUMAN INJECTION, EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE USED WHEN INJECTING ANY OIL EMULSION VACCINE. ACCIDENTAL HUMAN INJECTION MAY CAUSE SERIOUS LOCAL REACTIONS. CONTACT A PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY IF ACCIDENTAL HUMAN INJECTION OCCURS.
2. Chickens should be in good health when vaccinated. Sick or weak chickens may not develop adequate immunity.
3. Do not administer this vaccine during the critical egg laying period from onset until after peak production. Administration of this product during the lay period may result in a drop in egg production.
4. Do not vaccinate chickens within 42 days before slaughter.
5. This vaccine contains gentamicin as a preservative.
6. Do not mix this vaccine with any other substances.
7. Use entire contents when first opened.
8. Ensure that vaccination equipment is clean and sterile before use.
9. Do not use vaccination equipment with rubber parts, as the oil emulsion may attack certain types of rubber.
10. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Intervet Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573 (USA) or 1-888-306-0069 (Canada).
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
500 mL - 1000 Doses
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
Use Only As Directed
Store Vaccine Between 2 And 7°c (35 And 45°f)
This Product Is Non-returnable
INTERVET INC., Omaha, NE 68103 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bursamate-Plus information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|