BloodSTOP-iXThis page contains information on BloodSTOP-iX for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- BloodSTOP-iX Indications
- Warnings and cautions for BloodSTOP-iX
- Direction and dosage information for BloodSTOP-iX
BloodSTOP-iXThis treatment applies to the following species:
CONTROLS BLEEDING FAST
- Absorbs blood and speeds coagulation
- Turns into a transparent gel
- Seals and directs pressure on wounds
- For veterinary use only
WHEN EVERY MINUTE COUNTS
BloodSTOP®-iX stops the bleeding based on its water-soluble capability. It becomes gel as soon as it meets blood. The gel will seal the wound, applying pressure to the wound and stops the bleeding. BloodSTOP®-iX is made with 100% natural cellulose. BloodSTOP®-iX is 100% biodegradable, water-soluble Hemostatic gauze, which is ideal for various surgeries. BloodSTOP®-iX should not be used for packing or wadding. Pre-wet the gauze before applying it on the wound, and then keeping it in moisture will make the BloodSTOP®-iX work more effectively.
Minor Bleeding Wounds
1. Dip the BloodSTOP®-iX in sterile water or saline for about 1 or 2 seconds until it is completely soaked.
2. Apply BloodSTOP®-iX on the wound. Use additional layers if necessary.
3. For extended use: when the bleeding stops, keep moisture around the wound area by using a wet dressing.
4. Wash away the BloodSTOP®-iX, which is outside the wound with water in one hour.
Trauma Surgical, Internal Use
1. Put one or more layers of BloodSTOP®-iX over the wounds.
2. Apply another dressing, such as cotton or gauze pads, on top of the BloodSTOP®-iX and apply firm pressure.
3. When the bleeding stops, keep moisture around the wound area by using a wet dressing.
4. The BloodSTOP®-iX can be washed away with sterile water.
BloodSTOP®-iX is recommended for dental application.
1. Use BloodSTOP®-iX (0.5x2”) or cut to fit socket opening.
2. Use cotton pliers to insert one or more of the BloodSTOP®-iX gauze squares into the middle of the socket.
3. Reposition the BloodSTOP®-iX gauze in the socket as necessary until it is completely saturated with blood.
4. Moisten a regular gauze sponge. Place it over the socket and hold down gently. (Note: Dry gauze may pull the BloodSTOP®-iX gauze off the socket if it touches it.)
5. You can suture across the socket for extra protection.
BloodSTOP®-iX can also be used to stop surface bleeding intra-orally. Just cut it to the appropriate size and apply directly to the bleeding surface. Apply a second piece if additional protection is desired. Ideal to cover biopsy areas, periodontal surgical wounds, and all other bleeding wounds. The saliva in the mouth is usually enough to help dissolve. The BloodSTOP®-iX can also be gently washed away with water once the bleeding has been stopped totally for 24 hours.
StorageKeep BIoodSTOP® in a cool dry place for maximum shelf life.
INGREDIENTS: Regenerated etherized and oxidized natural fiber cellulose.
BloodSTOP® is a registered trademark of LifeScience PLUS, Inc.
DISTRIBUTED BY PRN PHARMACAL, An Employee-Owned Company, PENSACOLA, FL 32514
One Sterile 2” x 2” (5.08cm x 5.08cm)
NAC No.: 10900242
8809 ELY ROAD, PENSACOLA, FL, 32514
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the BloodSTOP-iX information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-01-26