Asepti-zyme (Canada)This page contains information on Asepti-zyme for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Asepti-zyme Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Asepti-zyme
- Direction and dosage information for Asepti-zyme
Asepti-zymeThis treatment applies to the following species:
Active Ingredient(s): Formulated with enzymes to remove and dissolve proteinaceous matter. Neutral pH.
An instrument presoak and cleaner for use on endoscopes, fiberoptics and all other medical instruments. Non-staining, leaves no residue.
Can be used for manual decontamination in scope washer/disinfectors and ultrasonic cleaners.
Directions For Use
1. Add 1 oz. of concentrate to one gallon (3.785 L) of water* (warm or cold).
2. Presoak instruments as needed until soil is dissolved and removed from the soiled items. A suggested minimum presoak is one minute. Enzymes must engulf the organic matter before it can be removed. If organic material is aged or adherent, an extended presoak time may be necessary.
3. Following the presoak, mechanically cleanse the instruments using the appropriate brushes and soft cloths.
4. Rinse thoroughly; then follow standard decontamination procedures.
5. If equipment is to be stored, dry thoroughly.
6. It is recommended that the solution be discarded after each use.
*For heavy or adherent organic load, 2 oz. per gallon (3.785 L) of water may be required.
Caution(s): Causes eye irritation. Prolonged or repeated contact may cause skin irritation. May be harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. For eyes, wear safety glasses and for skin, wear rubber gloves.
Warning(s): First Aid:
External-immediately flush eyes or skin with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Call a physician if irritation persists.
Internal-Give victim a glass of water. Call a physician.
Keep out of reach of children.
See Material Safety Data Sheet for further information and precautions.
Distributed by: Intervet Canada Corp., 16750, route Transcanadienne, Kirkland QC, H9H 4M7
For technical enquiries, call toll free 1 888 306-0069.
Presentation: 4 x 3.785 L.
NAC No.: 12880013
5105 TOMKEN RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON, L4W 2X5
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Asepti-zyme information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-05-28