Anigen Rapid Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test KitThis page contains information on Anigen Rapid Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test Kit for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Anigen Rapid Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test Kit Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Anigen Rapid Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test Kit
- Direction and dosage information for Anigen Rapid Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test Kit
Anigen Rapid Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test KitThis treatment applies to the following species:
One-step Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test
The Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test Kit [anigen Rapid Fip Ab Test Kit] Is A Chromatographic Immunoassay For The Qualitative Detection Of Fip Antibodies In Feline Whole Blood, Serum, Or Plasma.
the Anigen Rapid Fip Ab Test Kit Has A Letter Of “t” And “c” As Test Line And Control Line On The Surface Of The Device. Both The Test Line And Control Line In The Result Window Are Not Visible Before Applying Any Samples. The Control Line Is Used For Procedural Control, And Should Always Appear If The Test Procedure Is Performed Correctly And The Test Reagents Are Working. A Purple Test Line Will Be Visible In The Result Window If Fip Antibodies Are Present In The Specimen.
the Specially Selected Fip Antigens Are Used In The Test Band As Both Capture And Detector Materials. These Enable The Anigen Rapid Fip Ab Test Kit To Identify Fip Antibodies In Feline Whole Blood, Serum, Or Plasma With A Very High Degree Of Accuracy.
- Materials Provided (10 Tests/kit Or 5 Tests/kit)
1) Ten (10) or five (5) Anigen Rapid FIP Ab Tests.
2) One (1) Bottle containing 3 ml of assay diluents.
3) Ten (10) or five (5) Disposable Capillary tube for specimens.
4) One (1) Instructions for use.
A dark color score line on the capillary tube is the indicator line for 10 µl.
1) For veterinary diagnostic use only.
2) For best results, strict adherence to these instructions is required.
3) All specimens should be handled as being potentially infectious.
4) Do not open or remove test devices from their individually sealed pouches until immediately before their use.
5) Do not use the test device if the pouch is damaged or the seal is broken.
6) Do not reuse test device.
7) All reagents must be at room temperature (15-25°C) before running the assay.
8) Do not use reagents beyond the stated expiration date marked on the label.
9) The components in this kit have been quality control tested as standard batch unit. Do not mix components from different lot numbers.
10) The assay diluent contains sodium azide, a hazardous chemical. Dispose of used product by wrapping with paper and putting in garbage.
- Storage And Stability
The kit can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated (2-30°C). The kit is stable through the expiration date marked on the package label. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not store the test kit in direct sunlight.
- Specimen Collection And Preparation
1) The test can be performed with serum, plasma, or whole blood.
2) [Whole blood]: Collect an anticoagulated blood sample in EDTA, heparin for citrate using standard clinical laboratory procedures. Anticoagulated whole blood samples should be tested within 24 hours of drawing. If delays are expected samples should be stored either on ice or refrigerated (2-7°C), but should not be frozen. If anticoagulated whole blood samples cannot be tested within this period of time, separate plasma by centrifugation and store as described in the next section.
3) [Plasma]: Collect an anticoagulated blood sample using standard clinical laboratory procedures. Separate plasma by centrifugation. Plasma samples may be stored refrigerated (2-7°C) for up to 72 hours, for longer storage freeze at or below -20°C in vials with air-tight seals.
4) [Serum]: Collect and prepare serum samples using standard clinical laboratory procedures. Serum samples may be stored refrigerated (2-7°C) for up to 72 hours, for longer storage freeze at or below -20°C in vials with air-tight seals.
- Test Procedure
1) Remove the test device from the foil pouch, and place it on a flat and dry surface.
2) Using the disposable capillary tube, add one (1) drop (approximately 10 µl) of feline serum, plasma or whole blood into the sample hole, and then add three (3) drops approximately 90 µl of the assay diluent.
3) As the test begins to work, you will see a purple color move across the result window in the center of the test device. If the migration has not appeared after 1 minute, add one more drop of the assay diluent to the sample well.
4) Interpret test results at 10 minutes. Do not interpret after 20 minutes.
- Interpretation Of The Test
A colored band will appear in the left section of the result window to show that the test is working properly. This band is the control band. The right section of the result window indicates the test results.
1) Negative Result
The presence of only one band “C” within the result window indicates a negative result.
2) Positive Result
The presence of two colored bands (“T” and “C”) within the result window, no matter which band appears first indicates a positive result.
3) Invalid Result
If the purple colored band (“C”) is not visible within the result window after performing the test, the result is considered invalid. The directions may not have been followed correctly or the test may have deteriorated. It is recommended that the specimen be retested.
- Limitations Of The Test
Although the Anigen Rapid FIP Ab Test kit is very accurate for detecting FIP Antibodies, a low incidence of false results can occur. Other clinical tests are required if questionable results are obtained. As with all diagnostic tests, a definitive clinical diagnosis should not be based on the results of a single test, but should only be made by the veterinarian after all clinical and laboratory findings have been evaluated.
- Key For Symbols On Box
In vitro diagnostic
Store between 2-30°C
Read insert for full information.
Doc. No.: 2203-2
Issued date: Oct 25, 2012
Manufactured by BioNote, Inc., 2-9, Seogu-dong, Hwaseong-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea (445-170)
Tel: +82-31-211-0516, Fax: +82-31-8003-0618,
Manufactured for Modern Veterinary Therapeutics, LLC, 18001 Old Cutler Road, Suite 317, Miami, Florida 33157 - USA
Tel.: +1 305 234 8228 Fax.: +1 305 503 8585
U.S. Permit No. 544B
18001 OLD CUTLER ROAD, SUITE 317, MIAMI, FL, 33157
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Anigen Rapid Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus Antibody Test Kit information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17