AE-VacThis page contains information on AE-Vac for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- AE-Vac Indications
- Warnings and cautions for AE-Vac
- Direction and dosage information for AE-Vac
AE-VacThis treatment applies to the following species:
Avian Encephalomyelitis Vaccine
For veterinary use only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
AE-Vac™ is recommended for chicken replacement pullets as an aid in the prevention of avian encephalomyelitis.
Vaccination Recommendations: Vaccinate healthy chickens when they are at least 10 weeks of age but no later than 4 weeks before they start to lay.
Store this vaccine at not over 45°F (7°C).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents when vial is first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
For drinking-water administration
1. Discontinue use of medications or sanitizing agents in the drinking water 24 hours before vaccinating. Do not resume use for 24 hours following vaccination.
2. Water used for the drinking-water administration of a live virus vaccine must be non-chlorinated.
3. Provide enough waterers so two-thirds of the birds may drink at one time. Scrub waterers with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water, and use no disinfectant. Let the waterers drain dry.
4. Turn off automatic waterers, so the only available water is the vaccine water. Do not give vaccine water through medication tanks.
5. Withhold water for 2 to 4 hours before vaccinating. Do not deprive the birds of water if the temperature is extremely high.
6. Remove seal from vaccine vial.
7. Remove stopper and half-fill vial with clean, cool, non-chlorinated water.
8. Replace stopper and shake until dissolved.
9. Use a clean container two-thirds filled with cool, clean, non-chlorinated water. Add dried milk. Use 2 ounces (56.8 grams) dried milk if final volume of water is to be 4 gallons (15.2 liters) or 12.5 ounces (355 grams) dried milk if final volume of water is to be 25 gallons (95 liters). Stir the mixture until the dried milk is dissolved.
10. Add the rehydrated vaccine from the vial and again stir the contents thoroughly.
11. Next, add the mixture to the final volume of water, as follows:
Add this amount of vaccine
to this final volume of water
4 gallons (15.2 liters)
12. Give 1 dose of vaccine per bird.
13. Distribute the final volume of vaccine water evenly among the clean waterers. Do not place the waterers in direct sunlight. Resume regular water administration only after all the vaccine water has been consumed.
Do not vaccinate birds in egg production. If given to laying flocks, this live virus vaccine could cause a 10% to 15% drop in production for 10 days to 2 weeks. Eggs for hatching should not be taken from the flock until 4 weeks have passed following vaccination.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the directions. The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination took place; and any reactions observed.
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE.
List No. 0974: 10 x 1,000 Doses
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
NAC No.: 36902742
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the AE-Vac information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2015 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2015-08-17