Stalevo 150 Side Effects
Generic Name: carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa
Note: This document contains side effect information about carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Stalevo 150.
Some side effects of Stalevo 150 may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
For the Consumer
Applies to carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa: oral tablet
Along with its needed effects, carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa:More common-Entacapone
- Twitching, twisting, or uncontrolled repetitive movements of the tongue, lips, face, arms, or legs
- Bleeding gums
- bloody or black, tarry stools
- bloody or cloudy urine
- change in size, shape, or color of an existing mole
- changes in skin color
- chest pain, discomfort, or tightness
- constricted pupil
- difficult or labored breathing
- difficulty with speaking
- drooping eyelid (ptosis)
- facial dryness
- fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
- fever with or without chills
- general feeling of illness
- hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there)
- high or low blood pressure
- large, flat, blue, or purplish patches in the skin
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- loss of appetite
- loss of bladder control
- lower abdominal or stomach pain
- lower back or side pain
- mole that leaks fluid or bleeds
- muscle cramps or spasms
- muscle pain or stiffness
- muscle trembling, jerking, or stiffness
- painful or difficult urination
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- raised red swellings on the skin, the buttocks, legs, or ankles
- severe mental changes
- shakiness and unsteady walk
- shuffling walk
- sore throat
- sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- swollen glands
- trembling, or other problems with muscle control or coordination
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common-Entacapone
- Absence of or decrease in body movement
- urine discoloration
- Acid or sour stomach
- bitter, sour, or unusual taste in the mouth
- burning feeling in the chest or stomach
- dry mouth
- excess air or gas in the stomach or intestines
- full feeling
- increased sweating
- lack or loss of strength
- passing gas
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- stomach discomfort or upset
- swollen mouth and tongue
- tenderness in the stomach area
- trouble sleeping
- urge to have bowel movement
- Being forgetful
- bladder pain
- blurred vision
- body aches or pain
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- burning and upper abdominal or stomach pain
- burning sensation of the tongue
- clenching, gnashing, or grinding teeth
- confusion about identity, place, and time
- dark saliva
- dark sweat
- decreased mental acuity
- difficulty swallowing
- double vision
- ear congestion
- enlarged pupils
- excessive watering of the mouth
- false or unusual sense of well-being
- feeling like you will pass out
- feeling of warmth
- feeling sad or empty
- hair loss
- hives or welts
- increased blinking
- increased interest in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- increased interest in sexual intercourse
- lack of appetite
- large, hard skin blisters
- leg pain
- loss of voice
- muscle spasm, especially of the neck and back
- nasal congestion
- pain in the chest below the breastbone
- painful or prolonged erection of the penis
- pharyngeal pain
- pounding in the ears
- problems with memory or speech
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally upper chest
- runny nose
- sense of stimulation
- skin rash
- slow movement
- slow or fast heartbeat
- slow reflexes
- tremor, increased
- trouble concentrating
- trouble recognizing objects
- trouble thinking and planning
- urinary frequency
- urinary retention
- weight gain
- weight loss
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa: oral tablet
Nervous system side effects most commonly reported with carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone have included dyskinesias (choreiform, dystonic, and involuntary movements) and headache. Hyperkinesia, hypokinesia, and dizziness have been reported with entacapone.
Convulsions have also been reported; however, a causal relationship with carbidopa-levodopa has not been established.
Ocular side effects reported with various carbidopa-levodopa products have included blurred vision, dilated pupils, diplopia, and oculogyric crisis.
Psychiatric side effects have included reports of psychotic episodes (including delusions, hallucinations, and paranoid ideation), agitation, anxiety, confusion, dream abnormalities including nightmares, depression (with or without development of suicidal tendencies), somnolence, and dementia.
Respiratory side effects have included dyspnea, upper respiratory infection, pharyngeal pain, cough, pharyngitis, and rhinitis.
Cardiovascular side effects have included reports of cardiac irregularities, myocardial infarction, and orthostatic effects (hypotension, hypertension, and syncope), and palpitations.
Dermatologic side effects have included rash, increased sweating, alopecia, dark sweat, and malignant melanoma.
Gastrointestinal (GI) side effects have included dark saliva, GI bleeding, development of duodenal ulcer, abdominal pain, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, dyspepsia, dry mouth, dysphagia, sialorrhea, flatulence, gastritis, taste alterations, heartburn, and hiccups.
Hematologic side effects have included hemolytic and nonhemolytic anemia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, and purpura. Laboratory abnormalities reported have included decreased hemoglobin and hematocrit, serum potassium, Coombs' test, lactic dehydrogenase, bilirubin, and blood urea nitrogen (BUN); and elevated serum glucose.
Hypersensitivity side effects have included angioedema, urticaria, pruritus, and Henoch-Schonlein purpura, bullous lesions (with pemphigus- like reactions).
Musculoskeletal side effects have included asthenia, fatigue, back pain, shoulder pain, leg pain, and muscle cramps.
Genitourinary side effects have included dark urine, blood in the urine, urinary incontinence, urinary retention, urinary tract infection, and priapism,
Hepatic side effects have included abnormalities in alkaline phosphatase, SGOT (AST), SGPT (ALT), and lactic dehydrogenase.
Renal side effects have included increases in serum creatinine and uric acid.
Metabolic side effects have included edema, weight gain, and weight loss.
More about Stalevo 150 (carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa)
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.