Phendiet Side Effects
Generic Name: phendimetrazine
Note: This document contains side effect information about phendimetrazine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Phendiet.
Some side effects of Phendiet may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
For the Consumer
Applies to phendimetrazine: oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral tablet
Along with its needed effects, phendimetrazine (the active ingredient contained in Phendiet) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking phendimetrazine:Rare
- Seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
- severe mental changes
- burning while urinating
- chest pain or discomfort
- decreased ability to exercise
- difficult or painful urination
- dry mouth
- fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
- feeling of warmth
- increased need to urinate
- numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
- pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
- passing urine more often
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- shortness of breath
- swelling of the feet or lower legs
- trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
- trouble with breathing
- trouble with sleeping
- trouble with thinking, speaking, or walking
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking phendimetrazine:Symptoms of overdose
- Abdominal or stomach cramps
- blurred vision
- change in consciousness
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- feeling sad or empty
- lack of appetite
- loss of consciousness
- loss of interest or pleasure
- overactive reflexes
- physical attempt to injure
- pounding in the ears
- rapid breathing
- trouble with concentrating
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- violent actions
Some side effects of phendimetrazine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:Incidence not known
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- inability to have or keep an erection
- increased in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- increased interest in sexual intercourse
- loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- stomach pain
- unable to sleep
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to phendimetrazine: oral capsule extended release, oral tablet
Cardiovascular side effects including palpitation, tachycardia, and elevation of blood pressure have been reported. A case of dilated cardiomyopathy has been associated with chronic use of phendimetrazine (the active ingredient contained in Phendiet)
Nervous system side effects including overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, tremor, and headache have been reported. Psychotic episodes (at recommended doses), agitation, flushing, and sweating have been reported rarely.
Gastrointestinal side effects including dryness of mouth, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, and stomach pain have been reported.
Genitourinary side effects including changes in libido, urinary frequency, and dysuria have been reported.
Ocular side effects including blurring of vision have been reported.
More about Phendiet (phendimetrazine)
Compare with other treatments for:
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.