Norethindrone Acetate Side Effects
Brand Names: Aygestin, Camila, Errin, Jolivette, Nor-QD, Nora-BE, Ortho Micronor
Please note - some side effects for Norethindrone Acetate may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
Norethindrone Acetate Side Effects - for the Professional
Applies to: oral tablet
- Menstrual irregularity is the most frequently reported side effect.
- Frequent and irregular bleeding are common, while long duration of bleeding episodes and amenorrhea are less likely.
- Headache, breast tenderness, nausea, and dizziness are increased among progestin-only oral contraceptive users in some studies.
- Androgenic side effects such as acne, hirsutism, and weight gain occur rarely.
- Norethindrone Acetate Monograph (AHFS DI)
- Aygestin Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Aygestin MedFacts Consumer Leaflet (Wolters Kluwer)
- Aygestin Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Aygestin Oral, Implantation, Parenteral Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Camila Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Errin Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Jolivette Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Nor-QD MedFacts Consumer Leaflet (Wolters Kluwer)
- Nor-QD Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Nora-BE Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Ortho Micronor Prescribing Information (FDA)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This drug information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug of drug combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.