Mycostatin Pastilles Side Effects
Generic name: nystatin
Note: This document contains side effect information about nystatin. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Mycostatin Pastilles.
Some side effects of Mycostatin Pastilles may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
For the Consumer
Applies to nystatin: oral capsule, oral lozenge, oral suspension, oral tablet
Stop taking nystatin (the active ingredient contained in Mycostatin Pastilles) and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
Side effects are not likely to occur with nystatin. Continue to take nystatin and talk to your doctor if you experience
nausea or stomach upset,
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to nystatin: compounding powder, oral capsule, oral lozenge, oral suspension, oral tablet, topical cream, topical ointment, topical powder, vaginal tablet
Stevens Johnson Syndrome has been reported in at least one patient receiving nystatin (the active ingredient contained in Mycostatin Pastilles)
Gastrointestinal side effects have been reported rarely. These have included stomach upset, bloating, nausea, and vomiting. Diarrhea has been reported to occur occasionally at high doses.
More Mycostatin Pastilles resources
- Mycostatin Pastilles Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Nystatin Professional Patient Advice (Wolters Kluwer)
- nystatin MedFacts Consumer Leaflet (Wolters Kluwer)
- Nystatin Monograph (AHFS DI)
- Bio-Statin Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Bio-Statin powder MedFacts Consumer Leaflet (Wolters Kluwer)
- Mycostatin Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Mycostatin Topical Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Mycostatin MedFacts Consumer Leaflet (Wolters Kluwer)