Factor ix complex Side Effects
Some side effects of factor ix complex may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
For the Consumer
Applies to factor ix complex: powder for solution
Along with its needed effects, factor ix complex may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking factor ix complex:Less common or rare
- Changes in facial skin color
- fast or irregular breathing
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes
- shortness of breath, troubled breathing, tightness in chest, and/or wheezing
- skin rash, hives, and/or itching
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking factor ix complex:More common
- Bluish coloring (especially of the hands and feet)
- dizziness or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position
- increased heart rate
- large blue or purplish patches in the skin (at places of injection)
- nausea or vomiting
- pains in chest, groin, or legs (especially calves)
- persistent bleeding from puncture sites, gums, or inner linings of the nose and/or mouth, or blood in the stool or urine
- severe pain or pressure in the chest and/or the neck, back, or left arm
- severe, sudden headache
- shortness of breath or fast breathing
- sudden loss of coordination
- sudden and unexplained slurred speech, vision changes, and/or weakness or numbness in arm or leg
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking factor ix complex:Less common
- Burning or stinging at place of injection
- changes in blood pressure or pulse rate
- nausea or vomiting
- redness of face
- shortness of breath
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to factor ix complex: intravenous powder for injection
General side effects have included fever and chills.
Cardiovascular side effects have included flushing, and changes in pulse rate and blood pressure.
Dermatologic side effects have included urticaria.
Gastrointestinal side effects have included nausea and vomiting.
Hematologic side effects have included intravascular coagulation, thrombosis, and emboli.
Nervous system side effects have included headache, somnolence, lethargy, and tingling.
Respiratory side effects have included respiratory distress, chest pain, and cough.
More about factor ix complex
- Factor IX (recombinant) complex
- Factor IX complex
- Factor ix complex Intravenous, Injection (Advanced Reading)
Compare with other treatments for:
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.