ACTIVE INGREDIENT (IN EACH 1.25 ML)
Ibuprofen 50 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Fever reducer/Pain reliever
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, headaches and toothaches
Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if the child:
- has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- takes other drugs containing an NSAID [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- takes more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
- if the child has ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- stomach problems that last or come back, such as heartburn, upset stomach, or stomach pain
- bleeding problems
- not been drinking fluids
- lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
- high blood pressure
- heart or kidney disease
- taken a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is
- taking any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- taking a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
When using this product
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- the risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- the child feels faint, vomits blood, or has bloody or black stools. These are signs of stomach bleeding.
- stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts
- the child does not get any relief within first day (24 hours) of treatment
- fever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed
- do not give longer than 10 days, unless directed by a doctor (see WARNINGS)
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- repeat dose every 6-8 hours, if needed
- do not use more than 4 times a day
- measure with the dosing device provided. Do not use with any other device.
|under 6 mos
||ask a doctor
- one dose lasts 6-8 hours
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- see bottom of box for lot number and expiration date
Infant’s Advil Concentrated Drops White Grape (dye-free)
acetic acid, artificial flavor, butylated hydroxytoluene, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid monohydrate, edetate disodium, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, xanthan gum
Infant’s Advil Concentrated Drops Grape
acetic acid, artificial flavors, butylated hydroxytoluene, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid monohydrate, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, xanthan gum
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Call toll-free 1-800-88-ADVIL or ask your pharmacist, doctor or health care professional
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
Infants’ Advil Concentrated Drops
Ibuprofen, 50 mg Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever (NSAID) per 1.25 mL
Aches & Pains
Lasts up to 8 Hours
White Grape Flavored Drops for ages 6-23 months
1/2 FL OZ (15 mL)
Important: Read all product information before using. Keep this box for important information. This product is intended for use in children ages 6 months - 23 months.
For most recent product information, visit www.Advil.com.
Rinse the oral syringe with tap water only
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare Madison, NJ 07940 USA © 2009 Wyeth
Do Not Use if breakable ring on bottle cap is separated or missing.
Child-Resistant Safety Cap