ACTIVE INGREDIENTS (IN EACH CAPLET)
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Ibuprofen 200 mg (NSAID)*
Pseudoephedrine HCl 30 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, and the common cold:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- nasal congestion
- sinus pressure
- minor aches and pains
Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
- in children under 12 years of age
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, asthma, thyroid disease, diabetes, glaucoma, or trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- you are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking any other product that contains pseudoephedrine, chlorpheniramine or any other nasal decongestant or antihistamine
- taking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirin
- taking any other drug
When using this product
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- the risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- nasal congestion lasts for more than 7 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms continue or get worse
- any new symptoms appear
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than directed
- the smallest effective dose should be used
- adults: take 1 caplet every 4-6 hours while symptoms persist.
- do not take more than 6 caplets in any 24-hour period, unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- read all warnings and directions before use. Keep carton.
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6 aluminum lake, glyceryl behenate, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical ink, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-88-ADVIL
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
See new warnings information
Advil Allergy Sinus
Ibuprofen 200 mg >> Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer (NSAID)
Psuedoephedrine HCl 30 mg >> Nasal Decongestant
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2 mg >> Antihistamine
Relieves Runny Nose, Nasal Congestion, Sneezing, Itchy, Watery Eyes, Headache and Sinus Pressure
ONLY 1 PILL EVERY 4-6 HOURS
20 COATED CAPLETS*
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare
Madison, NJ 07940 USA © 2009 Wyeth
Appearance of the orange Advil Allergy Sinus caplet is a trademark of Wyeth Consumer Healthcare.
For most recent product information, visit www.advil.com
READ AND KEEP CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND INFORMATION.
Product inside sealed in plastic blister with foil backing. Do Not Use if plastic blister or foil barrier is broken.