MORTON Natural Epsom Salt
Dosage form: granule, for solution
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SULFATE 1kg in 1kg
Labeler: Morton Salt, Inc.
NDC Code: 24600-6407
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Magnesium Sulfte U.S.P.
Soothes Minor Aches, Sprains and Sore Muscles
An Epsom Salt bath or soak has been a trusted natural remedy for minor aches and sprains for centuries. Epsom Salt can help relieve tired, achy muscles by providing Magnesium to help reduce swelling, and Sulfate which helps flush toxins and form proteins in joints.
Epsom Salt can also be consumed as a natural saline laxative for occasional relief.
Magnesium Sulfate USP (Epsom Salt)
Internal Use --- Saline Laxative
External Use --- Soaking Laxative
- Relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- Generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
- Relieves pain from minor sprains and bruises
- kidney disease
- a magnesium restricted diet
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
you are presently taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
As a Laxative
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use. This may indicate a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
- you have redness, irritation, swelling or infection occurs
- hot or warm soaks should not be used by individuals with diabetes except with the advice of a physician
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
For Internal Use as a Laxative:
- do not exceed more than 2 doses per day
- may be taken as single daily dose or in divided doses
- dissolve each dose in a full (8 ounces) of liquid
|adults and children 12 years and older||2 to 6 level teaspoons (10 to 30 grams) daily
|children 6 to under 12 years||1 to 2 level teaspoons ( 5 to 10 grams) daily
|Not recommended for children under 6 years of age||
- Add 2 cups to warm bath water and soak for 20 minutes
- Adults dissolve 1 cup Epsom Salt in a quart of warm water, soak towel in solution and apply to affected area for 15 to 30 minutes.
- dissolve well before use
- magnesium content 495 mg per teaspoon ( 5 grams )
Call 1-800-725-8847 between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM CST
Morton Salt, Inc.
Chicago, IL 60606-1743
of Morton Salt, Inc.
Product of Germany
MAGNESIUM SULFATE U.S.P
SOOTHES MINOR ACHES, SPRAINS AND SORE MUSCLES
NET WT 4 LBS (1.8KG)
|MORTON NATURAL EPSOM SALT
magnesium sulfate granule, for solution
|Labeler - Morton Salt, Inc. (007235948)|
|K+S KALI GmbH, Werk Werra, Standort Hattorf||507531213||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.