Alka-Seltzer Plus Day Severe Cold, Cough And Flu
Dosage form: powder
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 650mg, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 20mg, Phenylephrine hydrochloride 10mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC - Consumer Care
NDC Code: 0280-1155
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each packet)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 20 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal and sinus congestion
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 5 packets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- in children under 12 years of age
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than the recommended dose
- take every 4 hours; do not exceed 5 packets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years and over: dissolve contents of one packet in 8 oz. hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- children under 12 years: do not use
- if using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- each packet contains: potassium 5 mg and sodium 41 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 17 mg Per Packet
- store at room temperature
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, maltodextrin, pregelatinized starch, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate
1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM EST) or www.alkaseltzerplus.com
Bayer HealthCare LLC
P.O. Box 1910
Morristown, NJ 07962-1910
Acetaminophen / Pain
Phenylephrine HCl / Nasal decongestant
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide /
Fast Relief Mix-In Packets
COLD, COUGH & FLU
Nasal Congestion • Cough
Headache + Body Ache • Sore Throat
|ALKA-SELTZER PLUS DAY SEVERE COLD, COUGH AND FLU
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride powder
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC - Consumer Care (785159372)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.