Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: Unifirst First Aid Corporation
NDC Code: 47682-406
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth Subsalicylate 262 mg
(each tablet contains 102 mg salicylate)
Upset stomach reliever/antidiarrheal
- traveler's diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's Syndrome a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- bloody or black stool
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- mucus in the stool
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
When using this product a temporary and harmless darkening of the tongue and/or stool may occur. Stool darkening should not be confused with melena.
Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, contact a physician or poison control center immediately.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- do not use more than directed
- chew or dissolve in mouth
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration, which may accompany diarrhea
- do not exceed 16 tablets in 24 hours
Adults and children: (12 years and older) Chew 2 tablets every 1/2 to 1 hour or 4 tablets every hour as needed
Children under 12 years: Do not give to children under 12 years of age.
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 1.1mg per tablet
- each tablet contains 73mg elemental calcium
- store at room temperature 59º-86ºF (15º-30ºC)
- tamper-evident sealed packets
- do not use any opened or torn packets
aspartame, calcium carbonate, D&C red #27, dextrates, flavoring, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide
bismuth subsalicylate tablet, chewable
|Labeler - Unifirst First Aid Corporation (832947092)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.