Epsom Salt Soaking Solution
Dosage form: granule
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SULFATE 2.72kg in 2.72kg
Labeler: Advanced Beauty Systems, Inc.
NDC Code: 51345-099
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient Purpose
Magnesium Sulfate USP (Epsom Salts)
External use Soaking solution
Internal Use Saline Laxative
External: Relieves pain from minor sprains and bruises
Internal: Relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion or overdose, seek medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
When using this product, do not use more than directed.
Stop use and consult a doctor if:
As a soaking solution
- you experience redness, irritation, swelling , or infection
As a laxative
- you have no bowel movements within six hours or experience rectal bleeding-these could be signs of a serious condition
- you need a laxative for more than a week
- Do not give to children under six years of age except under the advice and supervision of a physician.
- For occasional use only. Serious side effects from prolonged use or overdose may occur.
Do not take this product except under the advice and supervision of a physician if you:
- Have kidney disease
- Are taking prescription medication
- Have a magnesium restricted diet
Ask a doctor before if you have
As a soaking solution
- redness or swelling present
- evidence of an infection
- diabetes - hot and warm soaks should not be used by individuals with diabetes except on advice of a physician
As a laxative
- Stomach pain
- Kidney disease
- A sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
If pregnant or breast feeding, consult a physician before use
Dissolve before use
- Do not exceed more than 2 doses per day, if neccessary repeat dosage in 4 hours
For External use
As a soaking solution: pour 2 cups of Epsom Salts under warm, running bath water. Soak for 20 minutes for to relieve sore,tired muscles.As a warm compress: Dissolve 1 cup of Epsom Salts in 1 quart of warm water. Using a towel, apply solution to the affected area for 15-30 minutes to reduce pain and and swelling. Repeat as needed.
For internal use
As a laxative 2-4 level teaspoons dissolved in a full glass (8oz) of water.
adults and children 12 years and older
children 6 to 12 years of age 1-2 level teaspoons dissolved in a full glass (8oz) of water.
not recommended for children under 6 years of age
magnesium sulfate granule
|Labeler - Advanced Beauty Systems, Inc. (129986613)|
|Registrant - Giles Chemical, a division of Premier Magnesia, LLC (003162435)|
|Giles Chemical, a division of Premier Magnesia, LLC||003162435||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.