ROBITUSSIN PEAK COLD DAYTIME COLD PLUS FLU
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Richmond Division of Wyeth
NDC Code: 0031-8721
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each liquid-filled capsule)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen, USP 325 mg||Pain reliever/Fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine HCl, USP 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold or flu:
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 12 capsules in any 24-hour period, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking any other pain reliever/fever reducer
When using this product do not use more than directed
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than 12 capsules in any 24-hour period
- do not exceed recommended dosage. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause serious liver damage.
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 capsules every 4 hours|
|children under 12 years||do not use|
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
FD&C red no. 40, FD&C yellow no. 6, gelatin, glycerin, mineral oil, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution
Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
Distributed by: Pfizer, Madison, NJ 07940 USA
Made in Canada
For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
Cold + Flu
ACETAMINOPHEN (Pain Reliever / Fever Reducer)
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
PHENYLEPHRINE HCl (Nasal Decongestant)
- Sore Throat
- Body Ache
- Nasal Congestion
For Ages 12 & Over
|ROBITUSSIN PEAK COLD DAYTIME COLD PLUS FLU
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Richmond Division of Wyeth (829390835)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.