GILTUSS TOTAL RELEASE
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 388mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 28mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg
Labeler: Gil Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC Code: 58552-317
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Guaifenesin 388 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 28 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with a cough, the common cold, hay fever, or other upper respiratory allergies
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus)
- loosens nasal congestion
- thin bronchial secretions
- drain bronchial tubes
- make coughs more productive
- clears stuffy nose
- clear nasal passageways
- shrinks swollen membranes
- more than the recommended dosage
- this product if you are now taking a prescription Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s Disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you are uncertain whether your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a health professional.
- heart disease
- excessive phlegm (mucus)
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- symptoms are accompanied by fever, rash, persistent headache, or excessive phlegm (mucus)
- cough and congestion do not improve within 7 days or tend to recur . These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- Adults and Children over 12 years of age: take 1 tablet every 4 hours as needed. Do not exceed 6 tablets in 24 hours
- Children 6 to under 12 years of age: take 1/2 tablet every 4 hours as needed. Do not exceed 3 tablets in 24 hours
- Children under 6 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature, USP
- do not use if imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing.
Croscarmellose Sodium, Dicalcium Phosphate, Hypromellose, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mineral Oil, Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Silica, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide and Triacetin.
GIL PHARMACEUTICAL CORP.
Ponce, Puerto Rico 00717-1565
LBL 4060 Label revised: 04/11
EXPECTORANT, ANTITUSSIVE, AND NASAL DECONGESTANT
SUGAR FREE AND PRESERVATIVE FREE
Each scored tablet contains:
Dextromethorphan HBr................28 mg.
Phenylephrine HCl........................10 mg.
GIL PHARMACEUTICAL CORP.
PONCE, PUERTO RICO 00717-1565
|GILTUSS TOTAL RELEASE
guaifenesin, dextromethorphan hbr, and phenylephrine hcl tablet
|Labeler - Gil Pharmaceutical Corp (176826592)|
|Contract Pharmacal Corporation||968334974||MANUFACTURE(58552-317)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.