Dosage form: capsule
Ingredients: Guaifenesin 390mg, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 10mg
Labeler: Poly Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 50991-582
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each capsule)
Guaifenesin 390 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
|Adults and children|
12 years of age
|1 capsule every 4 hours, not to
exceed 6 capsules in 24 hours.
12 years of age:
|Consult a physician.
Supplied in a tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant cap.
Deconex Capsules are blue-orange capsules imprinted "Deconex" in black ink.
Quitman, MS 39355
1 (800) 882-1041
Principal display panel for 60 capsules label:
EXPECTORANT · NASAL DECONGESTANT
Each capsule contains:
Phenylephrine HCl..........................10 mg
Tamper evident by foil seal under cap.
Do not use if foil seal is broken or missing.
Quitman, MS 39355
guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule
|Labeler - Poly Pharmaceuticals (198449894)|
|Registrant - Great Southern Laboratories (056139553)|
|Great Southern Laboratories||056139553||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.