Pain Relief Plus
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Meijer Distribution Inc
NDC Code: 41250-903
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- stuffy nose
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- to make a child sleepy
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see Liver warning)
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- use only with enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4-6 hours
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
|Weight(lb)||Age(yr)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 36 lbs||under 4 years||do not use|
|36-47 lbs||4-5 years||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|48-95 lbs||6-11 years||2 tsp or 10 mL|
Attention: Use only with enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
- do not use if printed neckband is broken or missing
anhydrous citric acid, calcium sulfate, carrageenan, D&C red #33, edetate disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, tribasic sodium phosphate, xanthan gum
Compare to Children's Tylenol® Plus Multi-Symptom Cold active ingredients
For Ages 6 to 11
Pain Relief Plus
Fever Reducer, Pain Reliever, Cough Suppressant, Nasal Decongestant, Antihistamine
Acetaminophen - fever & sore throat
Dextromethorphan HBr - cough
Phenylephrine HCl - stuffy nose
Chlorpheniramine Maleate - sneezing / runny nose
|PAIN RELIEF PLUS
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl suspension
|Labeler - Meijer Distribution Inc (006959555)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.