Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 15mL, GUAIFENESIN 200mg in 15mL
Labeler: Western Family Foods Inc
NDC Code: 55312-818
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
- temporarily relieves cough associated with the common cold
- helps loosen phlegm and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a sodium-restricted diet
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- for accurate dosing, use dose cup provided
- do not exceed 6 doses per 24 hours
|adults and children 12 years and over||30 mL (2 TBSP) every 4 hours|
|children 6 to under 12 years||15 mL (1 TBSP) every 4 hours|
|children 4 to under 6 years||ask a doctor|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- when using other Daytime or Nighttime products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing
- each TBSP contains: sodium 20 mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C yellow no. 10, FD&C yellow no. 6, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Citrus Blend Flavor
See Drug Facts
MUCUS RELIEF DM
Maximum Strength 4 Hour Formula
EXPECTORANT, COUGH SUPPRESSANT
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr - cough
GUAIFENESIN - expectorant
COMPARE TO VICKS® DAYQUIL® MUCUS CONTROL™ active ingredients
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - Western Family Foods Inc (192166072)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.