BD E-Z Scrub 107
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: chlorhexidine gluconate 40g in 1000mL
Labeler: Becton Dickinson and Company
NDC Code: 17271-107
4% Chlorhexidine gluconate w/v
preoperative cleaning of healthcare personnel arms and hands.
For external use only.
- as a preoperative skin preparation of the face or head
- in eyes, ears and mouth
- if you have a sensitivity to chlorhexidine gluconate or its components.
- avoid contact with meninges
- chlorhexidine gluconate has been reported to cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated ear drums
- chlorhexidine gluconate solution has been reported to cause serious and permanent eye injury when it has been permitted to enter and remain in the eye during surgical procedures
- if chlorhexidine gluconate solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water.
Stop use and ask a doctor if adverse reactions occur. Irritation, sensitization and generalized allergic reactions have been reported with chlorhexidine-containing products, especially in the genital areas.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, gets in eye or ear, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- wet hands and forearms to the elbows with warm water
- use nail cleaner and apply scrub solution from sponge side
- work up lather
- scrub nails, cuticles and interdigital spaces thoroughly for 3 minutes with brush side and hands and forearms with the sponge side
- rinse with warm water
- repeat scrub for 3 more minutes, use the sponge side only. Add water as necessary to produce the desired level of suds.
- rinse hands and arms thoroughly
- dry thoroughly
- avoid excessive heat 40°C (104°F)
- discard after single use.
FD&C red #40, hydrochloric acid, lauramide DEA, nonoxynol-12, peg-6000 distearate, peg-75 lanolin, purified water USP, sodium hydroxide
Principal Display Panel – Carton Label
BD E-Z Scrub™ 107
Surgical Scrub Brush/Sponge
and Nail Cleaner with
4% Chlorhexidine Gluconate
NOTE: SEE BACK PANEL
FOR EASY INSTRUCTIONS
U.S. Patent 5, 164, 107
|BD E-Z SCRUB 107
chlorhexidine gluconate solution
|Labeler - Becton Dickinson and Company (124987988)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.