Triaminic Chest and Nasal Congestion
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 50mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 0067-6347
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Guaifenesin 50 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thins bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves nasal and sinus congestion as may occur with a cold
- in a child under 4 years of age
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if the child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- heart disease • high blood pressure
- thyroid disease • diabetes
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic cough that lasts, or as occurs with asthma
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever
- cough persists for more than 7 days, comes back or occurs with a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- may be given every 4 hours. Do not give more than 6 doses in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
Age Dose children under 4 years of age do not use children 4 to under 6 years of age 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) children 6 to under 12 years of age 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL)
- each teaspoonful contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
acesulfame K, benzoic acid, citric acid, D&C yellow #10, edetate disodium, FD&C yellow #6, flavors, maltitol solution, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium citrate
call 1-800-452-0051 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
See New Directions and Warnings Information
Chest & Nasal Congestion
Phenylephrine HCl (Nasal Decongestant)
- Chest Congestion
- Stuffy Nose
Child-Resistant Safety Cap
DO NOT USE IF SAFETY SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “TRIAMINIC” AROUND BOTTLE CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Triaminic® Has More Ways to Help Kids Feel Better!
Great Tasting Liquids
- Free Dosage Cup (enclosed)
- Alcohol Free
- Great Taste
Convenient Thin Strips®
- Melts in an Instant
- Easy to Give/Easy to Take
- No Mess Dosing
Triaminic® provides a broad range of products, in forms created with the needs of children in mind.
Trusted by Parents for over 50 years.
What You Need to Make Your Child Feel Better!
For more information plus helpful tips visit www.triaminic.com or call The Triaminic Clinic®
1-800-KIDS-987 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Distr. by: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0622 ©20xx
CHEST AND NASAL CONGESTION
guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl syrup
|Labeler - Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. (879821635)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.