Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 50mg in 5mL
Labeler: Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc.
NDC Code: 50383-771
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 50 mg
Stool Softener Laxative
- relieves occasional constipation
- generally produces bowel movement in 12-72 hours
- if you are presently taking mineral oil
- when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present
- for longer than one week
noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over two weeks.
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- you have rectal bleeding
- you fail to have a bowel movement after use of this product
These may indicate a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- may be taken once daily or in divided doses
- give dose in 1/2 glass of milk, fruit juice or infant formula to mask bitter taste and prevent throat irritation
adults and children over 12 1 to 7 teaspoons children 2 to under 12 1 to 3 teaspoons children under 2 ask a doctor
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 5 mg
- shake well before using
- store at controlled room temperature 15° - 30°C (59° - 86°F)
- dispense contents with a child resistant closure in a tight, light resistant container as defined in the USP.
D&C Red #33, methylparaben, natural & artificial vanilla flavor, poloxamer 181, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium benzoate. Sodium citrate may be used to adjust pH.
- Call 1-800-262-9010
Mon. - Thurs. 9:00 am - 4:30 pm EST,
Fri. 9:00 am - 2:30 pm EST.
Serious side effects associated with use of this product may be reported to this number.
REV. 771:06 02/13
docusate sodium liquid
|Labeler - Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc. (101196749)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.