Wal Tussin Adult Cough and Cold
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-0516
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 5 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
do not use more than directed
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
- mL = milliliter; tsp = teaspoonful
adults and children12 years and over
10 mL (2 tsp) every 4hours
|children under 12 years||do not use|
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Compare to Robitussin® Cough & Cold CF active ingredients
COUGH & COLD
Cough Suppressant (Dextromethorphan HBr)
Nasal Decongestant (Phenylephrine HCl)
For ages 12 and Over
ADULT COUGH AND COLD
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.