Loperamide HCl Anti-Diarrheal
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 2mg
Labeler: P and L Development of New York Company
NDC Code: 59726-520
Loperamide HCI 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers'Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age (see Other information )
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
- see side panel for lot number and expiration date
- use the 1 mg soft gelatin capsule product for children 6 to under 12 years of age
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
THIS PRODUCT IS PACKAGED IN A CHILD RESISTANT AND TAMPER EVIDENT PACKAGE. USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT.
This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer and Specialty Pharmaceuticals, owner of the registered trademark of Imodium® A-D.
Manufactured by: Banner Pharmacaps Inc.
4125 Premier Drive
Rev# 7/05 High Point, NC 27265
Distributed by: PL Developments
Westbury, NY 11590, USA
COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN IMODIUM(R) AD
Soft Gelatin Capsules, 2mg
Controls the symptoms of diarrhea
Suitable for adults and children 12 years of age and older
each liquid-capsule contains 2 mg Loperamide HCl
|LOPERAMIDE HCL ANTI-DIARRHEAL
loperamide hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - P and L Development of New York Company (800014821)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.