Loperamide HCl Anti-Diarrheal
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 2mg
Labeler: P and L Development of New York Corporation (ReadyInCase)
NDC Code: 59726-520
Loperamide HCI 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age (see Other information)
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging.
These may be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- store at 20º-25°C (68º-77°F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
- see side panel for lot number and expiration date
- use the 1 mg soft gelatin capsule product for children 6 to under 12 years of age
butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil,purified water.
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredient in Imodium® A-D†
soft gelatin capsules 2 mg
Controls the symptoms of diarrhea
Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over
(**each liquid-filled capsule contains 2 mg loperamide HCl)
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, owner of the registered trademark of Imodium® A-D.
200 Hicks Street, Westbury, NY 11590
THIS PRODUCT IS PACKAGING IN A CHILD-RESISTANT AND TAMPER EVIDENT PACKAGE. USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
|LOPERAMIDE HCL ANTI-DIARRHEAL
loperamide hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - P and L Development of New York Corporation (ReadyInCase) (800014821)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.