Maximum Strength Flu
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg
Labeler: Rite Aid
NDC Code: 11822-0461
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each tablet)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves:
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose
- temporaily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 tablets every 6 hours while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage
- store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- protect from excessive moisture
corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
Compare to the Active Ingredients in
Coricidin® HBP Maximum Strength Flu*
See New Warnings Information
• Body aches, pains & headache
Specially formulated for people with high blood pressure
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Rite Aid Corporation
30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011
|MAXIMUM STRENGTH FLU
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, chlorpheniramine maleate tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Rite Aid (014578892)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.