Non Drowsy Cold and Cough PE by Rite Aid
Dosage form: capsule, coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 100mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Rite Aid
NDC Code: 11822-0546
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromathorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 100 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Sever liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompained or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's Disease), or for 2 weeks after shopping the MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- do not take more than 12 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: do not uses this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage
- store at controlled room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date or lot number
corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, maletodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silica gle, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
RITE AID® PHARMACY
Compare to the active ingredients in Sudafed PE® Cold & Cough
NASAL CONGESTION, HEADACHE, COUGH, SORE THROAT DUE TO COLDS
TEMPORARILY REDUCES FEVER
HELPS LOOSEN PHLEGM (MUCUS) TO MAKE COUGHS MORE PRODUCTIVE
Acetaminophen, Dextromathorphan HBr, Guaifenesin, Phenylephrine HCl
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Cough Suppressant, Expectorant, Nasal Decongestant
Multi-Symptom Cold & Cough
2 Pills Per Dose
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN, OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011
|NON DROWSY COLD AND COUGH PE
acetaminophen, dextromathorphan hbr, gauifenesin, phenylephrine hcl capsule, coated
|Labeler - Rite Aid (014578892)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.