Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: BENZOYL PEROXIDE 7mg in 1g
Labeler: Biopelle, Inc.
NDC Code: 42485-003
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzoyl peroxide 7%
for the treatment of acne
For external use only.
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, use only one topical acne medication at a time.
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possible swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
- irritation becomes severe
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying
- cover the entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times a day
- because excessive drying of th skin may occur, start with 1 application daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
if going outside, apply a sunscreen after using this product. Allow OC Eight Acne Mattifying Gel to dry, then follow directions in the sunscreen labeling. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
Store at controlled room temperature 59° - 86° F (15° - 30° C).
water, DVB/isobornyl methacrylate/lauryl methacrylate copolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-400, carbomer 940, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA
benzoyl peroxide gel
|Labeler - Biopelle, Inc. (808158823)|
|Ferndale Laboratories, Inc.||005320536||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.