Nasohist DM Pediatric
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: Chlorpheniramine Maleate 1mg in 1mL, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 3mg in 1mL, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 2mg in 1mL
Labeler: Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NDC Code: 63717-325
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 1 mL dropperful)
Chlorpheniramine Maleate, USP 1 mg
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, USP 3 mg
Phenylephrine Hydrochloride, USP 2 mg
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- diabetes mellitus
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
Do not exceed recommended dosage
|Children 6 to under |
12 years of age:
|2 dropperfuls (2 mL) every 4-6 hours, not to
exceed 4 doses (8 dropperfuls) per 24 hrs,
or as directed by a doctor.
6 years of age:
|Consult a physician.
Serious side effects associated with use of this product may be reported to this number.
Manufactured for: Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Madison, MS 39110
Principal display panel and side panel for 30 mL label:
Antihistamine / Cough Suppressant / Nasal Decongestant
Each dropperful (1 mL) for oral
Chlorpheniramine Maleate........................1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr...........................3 mg
Phenylephrine HCl.................................2 mg
Sugar Free / Alcohol Free
Tamper evident by foil seal under cap. Do not use if foil seal is broken or missing.
Supplied in a tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant cap.
See package insert for full prescribing information.
Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Madison, MS 39110
HL177 Rev. 05/11
chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (118049704)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.