cough and sore throat childrens pain relief
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: HyVee Inc
NDC Code: 42507-196
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see Liver warning)
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- do not give for more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 36 lbs||under 4 years||do not use|
|36-47 lbs||4 - 5 years||1 tsp or 5 mL|
|48-95 lbs||6 - 11 years||2 tsp or 10 mL|
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not use if printed neckband is broken or missing
anhydrous citric acid, calcium sulfate, carrageenan, D&C red #33, edetate disodium, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose, tribasic sodium phosphate, xanthan gum
Compare to Children’s Tylenol® Plus Cough & Sore Throat active ingredients
Children’s Pain Relief
COUGH & SORE THROAT
Fever Reducer, Pain Reliever, Cough Suppressant
Contains 2 Ingredients:
Fever & Sore Throat - Acetaminophen
Cough - Dextromethorphan HBr
|COUGH AND SORE THROAT
CHILDRENS PAIN RELIEF
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr suspension
|Labeler - HyVee Inc (006925671)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.