Flu HBP by CVS Pharmacy
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-461
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves:
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver Warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- liver disease
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- drowsiness may occur
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- persistent cough lasts for more than one week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 tablets every 6 hours while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- protect from excessive moisture
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Compare to the active ingredients in Coricidin® HBP Maximum Strength Flu*
Decongestant Free NDC 59779-461-09
ACETAMINOPHEN- Pain reliever / Fever reducer
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE - Antihistamine
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr - Cough suppressant
For people with high blood pressure
●Body aches, pains
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2015 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr tablet, film coated
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.