Bactimicina Childrens Cough and Cold
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 7.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: DLC Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 24286-1551
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoon)||Purposes|
|Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg||Antihistamine|
|Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 7.5 mg||Cough suppressant|
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
|Under 6||do not use|
|6-11||2 teaspoons (10 mL) every 6 hours|
|12 and over||4 teaspoons (20 mL) every 6 hours|
- each teaspoon (5 mL) contains: sodium 1 mg
- store at 15-30°C (59-86°F)
- dosage cup provided
citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose
DLC Laboratories, Inc.
Paramount, CA 90723 USA
Chlorpheniramine Maleate /
Dextromethorphan HBr /
Ages 6 & Over
• COUGH: up to 8 hours
• RUNNY NOSE
• ITCHY, WATERY EYES
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
|BACTIMICINA CHILDRENS COUGH AND COLD
chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid
|Labeler - DLC Laboratories, Inc. (093351930)|
|DLC Laboratories, Inc.||093351930||MANUFACTURE(24286-1551), LABEL(24286-1551)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.